Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

T-Rex race...   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started May-22 by WALTER784; 114 views.
WALTER784
Staff

May-22

One city in Japan has started an event that is starting to draw attention throughout Japan.

This event drew over 100 contestants in the T-Rex run... it's a 70 meter uphill race by people dressed in inflatable T-Rex costumes... they have a kids race and then an adults race. It's in Japanese but just watch the video and enjoy. At the beginning, they're all required to go through a stretching exercise and then the actual run...

They said that this is the first event of this type in the world but expect it to gain attention in the future!

FWIW

• Edited May 22, 2022 12:08 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

May-22

Those look like clumsy costumes.

WALTER784
Staff

May-23

They have fan air blowers inside to inflate them. They're often used indoors for Halloween parties, etc. If you're walking, they don't look so flimsy, but if you run... LOL... well... this is what you get.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-23

Aren’t those little blowers dangerous?

WALTER784
Staff

May-23

Nope, they're battery powered (rechargeable) small fans. Even a 3 year old kid could stick their finger in the fan and it would immediately stop and not hurt the baby's finger at all. If clothing, long hair or other object gets mangled up inside... the fan just stops spinning. They're very safe.

Edited to add: Many construction sites where workers have to be outside in high heat situations have special coats with two of those fans in the back of their coats to keep them cool inside even though it's very hot outside.

FWIW

• Edited May 23, 2022 11:05 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-2

I had a little blower fan like that once, but it broke.  It was plastic.  It didn’t do much unless I held it right up to my face.