Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is the impact of unreadable barcodes on 2/3 ballots in Oregon county?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started May-22 by Showtalk; 308 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

May-22

What is the impact of unreadable barcodes on 2/3 ballots in Oregon county?
  • They will have to be hand copied resulting in delays0  votes
    0%
  • They will have to be hand copied resulting in possible mistakes and fraud1  vote
    20%
  • It's another reason to cut back on use of mail in ballots0  votes
    0%
  • Nothing they will fix it for the next election0  votes
    0%
  • 1 and 20  votes
    0%
  • 1, 2 and 34  votes
    80%
  • 1 and 30  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
They will have to be hand copied resulting in delays 
They will have to be hand copied resulting in possible mistakes and fraud 
It's another reason to cut back on use of mail in ballots 
Nothing they will fix it for the next election 
1 and 2 
1, 2 and 3 
1 and 3 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

May-22

WALTER784
Staff

May-23

It just goes to show the fraud that can occur with mail in ballots.

There were numerous printing errors with the 2020 mail in ballots in various counties.

The alignment marks were off, the bar codes were blurry, scanner had problem reading ballot, etc.

I wonder how many of those rejected were for Republicans. 2/3rds were bad... 60,000 out of 90,000! That isn't a simple glitch... it's a major catastrophe... 

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-23

It’s the whole election. The woman in charge is an older Republican. It looks like they used a cheap printing process.  The bar codes aren’t actually blurred, there is a thin white horizontal line running through the center so there isn’t enough ink to read it.

WALTER784
Staff

May-23

Showtalk said...

The woman in charge is an older Republican.

That doesn't matter... give her $230,000 to turn a blind eye and she'll do what ever she's told!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-23

No, she’s on the way to being fired because she’s trying to find out why it happened and fix it.

• Edited May 23, 2022 11:35 am  by  Showtalk
WALTER784
Staff

May-23

Could be... but today... I believe nobody at first... including her... even if she's a Republican! They have to earn my trust before I believe them.

She might be trying to do what you say... if she's fired... then that would be proof that she was on to something. Until them... I'm still skeptical of everything.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-23

It looks like it was sloppy printing methods. No product control. I don’t think it was intentional..

WALTER784
Staff

May-23

Until that can be proven, I'm looking at the worst scenario.

2/3rds were bad... 1/3rd were good.

I doubt both came from the same printer.

Which begs the question... just exactly how many printers did they use?

And if they used only 2 printers, then why did they print 30,000 on one printer and 60,000 on another printer? They should have printed 45,000 each on 2 printers.

And why did it just so happen that the printer with the sloppy printing printed the most ballots?

And if it were more than 2 printers, then why would so many printers ALL have similar problems?

What about the rest of the ballot where those barcodes were streaky? Was the rest of the ballot also streaky too? We cannot see that in the pictures they've shown. (i.e. why would just the barcode portion be streaky and not the rest of the page?)

Did they print the barcode with the rest of the ballot or did they print the bar code on one printer and the rest of the ballot on another? And if that was the case... then why are 60,000 bad and only 30,000 good?

It's suspicious and I believe it was intentional. Answers to the above questions would help understand the situation better.

FWIW

• Edited May 23, 2022 9:43 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

May-24

Good point. Why were some good? Did the machinery wear out 1/3 into the printing? If so, how did no one notice? Or did they see it and shrug it off?