Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you worried about the baby formula shortage in the U.S.?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-23 by Showtalk; 136 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

May-23

Are you worried about the baby formula shortage in the U.S.?
  • Yes, it's inexcusable to deprive babies of food when there are no substitutes0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, but it's the fault of the Biden administration1  vote
    14%
  • Yes, it is Trump's fault for tariffs on imported baby formula0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, it is because a major plant was closed for false reasons1  vote
    14%
  • Yes, it is because a major plant was closed for good reasons0  votes
    0%
  • Not really, it doesn't affect me1  vote
    14%
  • No, it will be fixed soon0  votes
    0%
  • 1 and 20  votes
    0%
  • 1 and 30  votes
    0%
  • 1, 2 and 44  votes
    57%
  • Yes, both administrations shares some blame0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, it's inexcusable to deprive babies of food when there are no substitutes 
Yes, but it's the fault of the Biden administration 
Yes, it is Trump's fault for tariffs on imported baby formula 
Yes, it is because a major plant was closed for false reasons 
Yes, it is because a major plant was closed for good reasons 
Not really, it doesn't affect me 
No, it will be fixed soon 
1 and 2 
1 and 3 
1, 2 and 4 
Yes, both administrations shares some blame 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

May-23

Elarepea

May-27

2 & 4.  

6.  It's not affecting me as I don't have babies anymore - and, when I did, I nursed all mine & didn't need formula, although I did use it from time to time (got the powdered so it lasted longer). It was way cheaper (& easier, IMO) in the long run.  I would hope that the women who can nurse, do so that the formula is reserved for those women who cannot nurse for whatever reason. Of course, we never had this problem until men started getting pregnant.  ;^ p  LOL

WALTER784
Staff

May-27

How many mothers breastfeed these days? Isn't that an option?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-29

ROTFL! It must be all the male mothers who have used up the formula.  I saw pictures of crates of formula stacked up near the border for immigrants.  Then they tried to blame rich mothers for hoarding.  I agree, nursing alleviates the need for formula, but not everyone can. Children who are adopted or who need specially made formulas for health reasons, or mothers who for some reason are unable to nurse.  Most of the moms I knew did not use rule, though. It may be more common now with young moms.

Showtalk
Host

May-29

Numbers are somewhat surprising as a majority supplement.

WALTER784
Staff

May-30

That's interesting... so 6 mos ~ 1 year... there are still plenty who breastfeed... I wonder if the current shortage might increase those number in the near future?

My niece just gave birth to her 2nd child 6 days ago and she's breastfeeding. I told her that if she had problem getting formula, that I can send her some from Japan, but she said she doesn't plan on using formula for at least the next 6 months.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-30

It seems like women start supplementing when they go back to work.  Or at the age when babies start putting in weight right before crawling.  If they aren’t gaining enough, doctors may push them to add it.