Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another school shooting. How can we prevent it from happening again?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started May-24 by Showtalk; 12819 views.
MerlinsDad

Jun-7

One should think that "experts" would be as concerned about or even more concerned about curing the causes of this epidemic as they are about treating the symptoms.

MerlinsDad

Jun-7

I think the so called "facts" are self-evident.  The question is what are the experts suggesting that we do to cure the causes of the epidemic?  They're only dealing with the symptoms of the disease.  I notice that in our discussion, we've not even touched upon the incident in Buffalo.  I should think that also a symptom of the epidemic.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-7

Showtalk says:  "I don’t consider anything posted on a public Facebook with one’s name and picture attached to be private."

ok

MerlinsDad

Jun-7

In an earlier post this morning, I mentioned the Buffalo incident, another symptom of the epidemic.

MerlinsDad

Jun-7

There have been statements that the shooter in Uvalde entered through a locked door.  I have not however read anything about how that was achieved. 

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-7

The so called "experts" said inflation was transitionary... well... here we are... 1.5 years later and it's still rising... I wouldn't call that transitionary... but the supposed "experts" did.

Fauchi is a supposed "expert"... LOL... but you see how many wrong calls and flip flops he's made...

So one should think that anybody who says "experts" isn't a real expert and use their common sense to determine otherwise.

And you still haven't answer my question which I already asked you 3 times now... this is the forth time...

What did you think of the 3 videos I posted. This is the 4th time, but you've yet to reply.

FWIW
WALTER784
Staff

Jun-7

MerlinsDad said...

I think the so called "facts" are self-evident. The question is what are the experts suggesting that we do to cure the causes of the epidemic?  They're only dealing with the symptoms of the disease.  I notice that in our discussion, we've not even touched upon the incident in Buffalo.  I should think that also a symptom of the epidemic.  

And just what are those so called "facts"?

Could you explain them please?

The context has become a little bit convoluted, so please refresh us on exactly which so called "facts" you're referring to.

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-7

MerlinsDad said...

There have been statements that the shooter in Uvalde entered through a locked door.  I have not however read anything about how that was achieved. 

Then you've read incorrectly, he entered an unlocked door... in fact, that door was propped open by a school teacher just one minute before he crashed his car into the ditch!

Don't believe me though... it was already posted in this thread and you can feel free to check your own sources.

He did NOT enter via a locked door! You need to get your facts straight!

Edited to add: Perhaps you should consult with your "EXPERTS"!

FWIW

• Edited June 7, 2022 9:56 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-7

Because one party has no interest in fixing the causes.  Look at Chicago. They say it’s as due to poverty and racism. But what is going on in our poorest cities?

Children are raised in predominately single family households.

Parentd are uneducated or undereducated and work at low paid jobs if they work at all.

Children are left unsupervised after school.

Children are dropping out of school.

Police departments have been attacked and maligned. They are unable to do their jobs properly.

Mental health takes a back seat to the rights of the mentally ill to remain unmedicated and untreated.

Crimes aren’t being prosecuted.

Criminals get early release.

Those are all symptoms of a sick society. When parents don’t take care of their children and schools fail, the culture falls apart.  This is a symptom of years of poor government policies. Blaming is solely on poverty and racism ignores all the other factors that cause a crime spiral.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-7

The shooter entered through an unlocked door. If I said locked, it was a typo.