Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Games you played that are banned...   The Social You: Interactive

Started May-28 by WALTER784; 353 views.
WALTER784
Staff

May-28

Are there any games you played as a kid that are banned today?

Feel free to add your games here...

I'll start with "Jarts"... or lawn darts...

Lawn darts - Wikipedia

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-28

Anything fun.  I had to look up a list of banned games and we played all of them. We also ran around the neighborhood all day without supervision, snuck into construction zones and abandoned buildings. We played in a nearby open field that was full of dangers, dumped glass and metal, small, wild animals and snakes, holes. Only one child in our neighborhood ever died and that was a car accident, hit by a car while biking.

Duck, Duck, Goose.

Tag.

Red Rover.

Dodgeball

Slip N Slide

Cops and Robbers, Cowboys and Indians.

Musical Chairs

WALTER784
Staff

May-28

I played all of them as a kid.

Why was slip n slide & musical chairs banned?

Dodge ball & musical chairs are still played in Japanese schools even today.

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

May-29

One more thing I find interesting about all the banned things in the US is that helmets are required to ride a bike these days.

Helmets are NOT required to be worn in the U.K., nor in the Netherlands, nor in Japan and nor in many other countries around the world. This is just one case in point...

Why Don’t the Dutch Wear Helmets?

FWIW

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-29

It's not a law here to wear helmets on a bike.  No one does around here anyway.

I don't think it should be a law.  Same with helmets for motorcycles, or seat belts for cars.  It should be stressed, taught, and whatever else needs to be done, but NOT A LAW.

I started wearing seat belts about a year or so before it became a law, but I still never agreed with a law.

Showtalk
Host

May-29

According to the banners (not me):

Slip and slide caused serious injuries, allegedly.

Musical chairs are a forum of bullying and make people feel badly when they lose.  There is also shoving and violence

Dodgeball is grouped under throwing violence.  Any games where you throw something at a person is too aggressive.  Bean bags tosses would probably also be banned.

Showtalk
Host

May-29

Helmets prevent brain damage.

Showtalk
Host

May-29

Politicians disagree with you. We have helmet and seat belt laws.  I’m surprised they haven’t just banned bikes and motorcycles. 

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-29

We have those laws too, except for bicycles.  My point is, it should NOT be a law.  Politicians don't give a rat's ass about us, it's called 'control'.  That is what they really want.

Showtalk
Host

May-29

Police would rather not waste time on these “crimes” either.