Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How many of your home appliances/devi...   The Social You: Interactive

Started Jun-29 by WALTER784; 255 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Poll Question From WALTER784

Jun-29

How many of your home appliances/devices/vehicles talk to you.
  • None4  votes
    50%
  • 13  votes
    37%
  • 20  votes
    0%
  • 30  votes
    0%
  • 41  vote
    12%
  • 50  votes
    0%
  • 6 or more (Share if you care to)0  votes
    0%
None 
6 or more (Share if you care to) 
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Jun-29

My car navigation system, my refrigerator, my washing machine and my bathtub.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-29

Bathtub? What talks?  I had to vote None.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-29

Showtalk said...

Bathtub? What talks?

We have an intelligent bathtub.

It has a remote control right above the bathtub that you can operate and another remote control in the kitchen that you can also operate.

So if you want to draw a bath... you insure the inside of the tub has been cleaned out and you've placed the plug at the bottom in the drain hole.

Then you can use either of the remote controls and specify the temperature you want the bath to be and press "Auto fill". Water will immediately fill up in the tub until the amount you specify... 140, 150, 160, 170, 180 liters, etc. and press [Start].

About 3 minutes before the tub is filled up, it announces the bathtub is almost full. Then 3 minutes later, it says the bathtub is full.

Similarly, if you already have a full bathtub (or almost full bathtub), you can specify to heat the water up. Again, you specify the temperature and how much water you want to add (by the liter) so you could specify 20, 30, 40 liters to add. Again, when you press [Start] the remote control talks and says starting to warm up bath, it draws out the colder water in the center of the pipe from the tub, re-heats the water and then pumps it back into the tub again. Once it reaches the temperature you set, it notifies you that re-heating has completed. LOL

FWIW

• Edited June 29, 2022 11:03 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-30

That is awfully complicated.  It would be easier to take a shower.

MakoJo (makojo1)

Jun-30

I forgot that my scale talks to me.  It says "Ow, get off, get off!"

Joe

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-30

Showtalk said...

That is awfully complicated.  It would be easier to take a shower.

Actually, it's not complicated at all. We have the temperature and volume of water we want to use preset... you can change both preset numbers up or down easily.

And if the preset values are what you want... just press [Fill bath] or [Heat bath] and it starts. If you want to prematurely stop it hit [Stop].

It beats the manual method of going into the bathroom, turning on the water, setting the right temperature and waiting until it fills up... and occasionally forgetting to turn the water off after you step out for a minute and it starts to overflow over the top! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-30

LOL... well, yeah... I guess you could call that talking... (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW