Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Canada to offer 5th Covid shot. Should the U.S. do the same?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Aug-17 by Showtalk; 138 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Aug-17

Canada to offer 5th Covid shot. Should the U.S. do the same?
  • Yes, we should all be as safe as we can from the virus and variants4  votes
    36%
  • Yes, even if it doesn't work to prevent Covid it makes the illness milder0  votes
    0%
  • No, we've had enough vaccines and boosters3  votes
    27%
  • No, the vaccine aren't working. They should stop offering them3  votes
    27%
  • No, drug companies defrauded the people and should return profits1  vote
    9%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, we should all be as safe as we can from the virus and variants 
Yes, even if it doesn't work to prevent Covid it makes the illness milder 
No, we've had enough vaccines and boosters 
No, the vaccine aren't working. They should stop offering them 
No, drug companies defrauded the people and should return profits 
Other 
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Aug-18

Not Canada, Quebec only, read a bit more. Voted 1 & 2. I can't even get a fourth dose in my backwards conservative retread Province, even though my third made Omicron exceptionally mild, I'd like to continue since new variants are a way of life now, more boosters.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-18

It was a new report and up here, any province means all of Canada. They don’t seem to understand the difference.  At the moment there is no proof the boosters work against the current variants. Until there is, I’m skeptical. When I went in to get the first booster, the person giving the shots said, You realize these don’t work against current variants. If the medical community knows that, we should be told so we can evaluate.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-19

Showtalk said...

At the moment there is no proof the boosters work against the current variants. Until there is, I’m skeptical. When I went in to get the first booster, the person giving the shots said, You realize these don’t work against current variants.

Biden himself and numerous others in Congress who have all had all 4 shots are still getting it. That alone is proof that they don't work.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-19

They can’t target a variant they don’t know about in advance. It’s basic science.   I am annoyed they weren’t honest up front so we could have all the information before taking the shots.  I still think the original vaccine was helpful but I don’t see the point of a booster that at best works for 3 months and at worst, might be dangerous.  They have said people need to be boosted after 3 months. Why? Even a flu shot gives longer protection than that.

• Edited August 19, 2022 10:59 am  by  Showtalk
WALTER784
Staff

Aug-19

Showtalk said...

They have said people need to be boosted after 3 months. Why? Even a flu shot gives longer protection than that.

Big pharma wants to make billions!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-19

They are.  I heard at least one host say they should return the profits since their shot isn’t working now.