Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nordstream pipeline sabotaged   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-28 by WALTER784; 320 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Sep-28

This article only mentions Nordstream-1, but I heard on Japanese news today that 2 explosions on Nordstream-1 and 1 explosion on Nordstream-2 occurred almost simultaneously.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-28

Yes, it was intentional.

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Sep-28

Here is more news from 2 hours ago...

FWIW

don5328

Sep-28

I believe Putin has gone off the deep end. He used to act rationally, but now he acts like the leader of North Korea or those in power in Iran. When I saw his "new" recruits on the news, it reminded me of pictures of Hitler's recruits toward the end of WWII. There were lots of old out of shape men.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-28

I heard his peers in Russia want him out. He’s ruining their country.

don5328

Sep-28

Lots of the common folk don't seem to be too happy with him either.

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-28

don5328 said...

I believe Putin has gone off the deep end. He used to act rationally, but now he acts like the leader of North Korea or those in power in Iran. When I saw his "new" recruits on the news, it reminded me of pictures of Hitler's recruits toward the end of WWII. There were lots of old out of shape men.

Well, he closed the Russian borders from exit on Sep 28. No men between the ages of 18 and 65 are allowed to leave Russia because they've been conscripted. Initially, it was ages 18-45, but they just didn't have enough people in that age bracket and so they upped the age to 65.

And this sabotage of the Nordstream-1 & -2 have now removed his leverage over Europe. It also removed Europe's ability to get natural gas from Russia too, but hey, Russia has already slowed that pipeline to 9% of what it used to pump through to Europe in hopes Europe would renegotiate and stop their embargos and punitive damages placed on Russia since the Ukraine war started. So, it basically only cuts off 9% of Europe's gas needs.

Therefore, Russia can no longer control or leverage Europe.

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-28

Showtalk said...

I heard his peers in Russia want him out. He’s ruining their country.

Yep, ever since they invaded Ukraine, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Starbucks, UniQlo, and a bunch of other foreign owned brands closed up their Russia based business. Multi-national corporations that had factories in Russia have for the most part, closed up their factories too.

The combination of all of the above has placed over 1 million people out of a job and no Russian can buy those products in Russia now.

And with the war, many people have already died and now this new conscription will probably cause even more deaths.

Nothing in any of this favors Russia. And thus, the Russian people want him removed.

FWIW

don5328

Sep-29

I would hate to be a European with Winter just around the corner.

WALTER784
Staff

Sep-29

I heard the EU is now striking a new natural gas deal with Israel.

Israel pumps it out of the ground, sends it to Egypt for processing and then ships it to the EU. Hopefully, they'll be able to get a good stable supply route before winter hits.

FWIW