Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Were you affected by Hurricane Ian?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-1 by Showtalk; 427 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-1

Were you affected by Hurricane Ian?
  • Yes, I was in the path and felt the worst of it0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, I'm in an area that got heavy rain after the Hurricane weakened0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, we are getting some rain1  vote
    20%
  • No, but family members were in the Hurricane zone2  votes
    40%
  • No, but friend were in the Hurricane zone2  votes
    40%
  • No, but online friends were in the Hurricane zone0  votes
    0%
  • Both friends and family were affected0  votes
    0%
  • No, I don't live near the area and friends and family were not affected0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, I was in the path and felt the worst of it 
Yes, I'm in an area that got heavy rain after the Hurricane weakened 
Yes, we are getting some rain 
No, but family members were in the Hurricane zone 
No, but friend were in the Hurricane zone 
No, but online friends were in the Hurricane zone 
Both friends and family were affected 
No, I don't live near the area and friends and family were not affected 
Other 
WALTER784
Staff

Oct-1

I replied no, but a family member was.

My brother (62 yrs old) lost power to his house because a tree fell and broke the power lines in his area, but no damage.

My father (92 yrs old) who lives only 10 miles north of my brother didn't have power outage or damage.

The area where they live was on the very northern tip of the edge of the hurricane.

They live north of Orlando where the center of the hurricane passed south of Orlando.

FWIW

• Edited October 1, 2022 12:50 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Oct-1

Darn I left out an ‘s’.  We also have family who lost some trees and a part of a yard but their house was surprisingly unharmed.

Elarepea

Oct-2

In VA, we just got rain and a little bit of breeziness.   My husband has a friend in FL who lost pretty much everything - except their boat - but it's not big enough for their family to live on.  :^ (

Showtalk
Host

Oct-2

You were lucky. That is so sad for your friends.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-3

Apparently the hurricane is smarter than Harris because it was able to miss rich white neighborhoods and only hit the poor minority communities. She said the hurricane hit those groups the hardest. What she meant was that it’s harder for someone poor to recover quickly. Why can’t she just say what she means?

WALTER784
Staff

Oct-3

Showtalk said...

Apparently the hurricane is smarter than Harris because it was able to miss rich white neighborhoods and only hit the poor minority communities. She said the hurricane hit those groups the hardest. What she meant was that it’s harder for someone poor to recover quickly. Why can’t she just say what she means?

LOL... but the answer is she's a mean racist who only knows how to lie!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-5

They want equity of outcome, so they believe that people of color need help more than anyone else. It’s true that a poor person who is displaced has fewer options than someone with alternative housing available. But white people can be poor. Asians can be poor.  The best outcome would be achieved by helping anyone whose home was lost or is uninhabitable.

me (DENNIS4927)

Oct-5

I cant believe she said that. I'm originally from Beaufort SC and have many friends there and they were lucky it veered just north of them.
WALTER784
Staff

Oct-5

Kamala Harris needs to read this book that came out in 2015. It proves she's a racist Democrat:

FWIW