Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Special Council investigation into Trump   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-25 by WALTER784; 151 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Nov-25

Donald Trump: ‘I Am Not Going to Partake’ in Special Counsel Investigation

US President Donald Trump speaks during a retreat with Republican lawmakers at Camp David in Thurmont, Maryland, January 6, 2018. (SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON
19 Nov 2022

Former President Donald Trump blasted Attorney General Merrick Garland’s decision to appoint a special counsel to investigate him and told Fox News that he is “not going to partake” in the investigation.

Garland on Friday appointed John L. Smith as special counsel to investigate Trump. Smith will look into Trump’s handling of documents marked classified that the FBI seized during a raid of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in August and determine whether criminal charges should be brought against the former president.

Trump blasted the special counsel’s appointment as “the worst politicization of justice in our country” during an interview with Fox News Digital on Friday.

Trump noted the latest investigation comes after two “fake impeachments” and former special counsel Robert Muller finding no evidence of criminal conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian officials during the 2016 presidential election.

“I have been going through this for six years — for six years I have been going through this, and I am not going to go through it anymore,” Trump said. “And I hope the Republicans have the courage to fight this.”

“I have been proven innocent for six years on everything — from fake impeachments to Mueller, who found no collusion, and now I have to do it more? It is not acceptable. It is so unfair. It is so political,” Trump said.

“I am not going to partake in it,” Trump added. “I’m not going to partake in this.”

Trump also pointed out that Garland’s appointment of the special counsel came just days after he officially announced his 2024 presidential campaign.

“I have never heard of such a thing. They found nothing. I announce and then they appoint a special prosecutor. They found nothing, and now they take some guy who hates Trump,” Trump said. “This is a disgrace and only happening because I am leading in every poll in both parties.”

“It is not even believable that they’re allowed to do this. This is the worst politicization of justice in our country,” Trump continued.

Trump also called out President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) for investigating him while staying silent on the various controversies surrounding Biden and his son, Hunter.

“Hunter Biden is a criminal many times over and nothing happens to him,” Trump told Fox News. “Joe Biden is a criminal many times over — and nothing happens to them.”

Trump urged the GOP to “stand up and fight” against the DOJ’s special counsel appointment.

“It is unfair to the country, to the Republican Party, and I don’t think people should accept it. I am not going to accept it,” Trump said. “The Republican Party has to stand up and fight.”

Special counsel Smith is the Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division, which is “one of the most highly politicized, left-wing departments within the agency,” according to Breitbart News’s Joel Pollak.

In a statement issued Friday, Smith said he will “conduct the assigned investigations, and any prosecutions that may result from them, independently and in the best traditions of the Department of Justice.”

Smith also pledged to “exercise independent judgment” and “move the investigations forward expeditiously and thoroughly to whatever outcome the facts and the law dictate.”

Donald Trump: ‘I am Not Going to Partake’ in Special Counsel Investigation (breitbart.com)

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Nov-25

War Room: MTG says She Talked to Kevin McCarthy and There Will be NO FUNDING for latest Special Counsel Investigation of Trump (VIDEO)

By Jim Hoft
Published November 18, 2022 at 6:25pm

RINO weakling Kevin McCarthy is hoping to take the gavel from Nancy Pelosi in the upcoming Congress. But McCarthy does not have the votes to win the Speakership. According to Gateway Pundit sources, there are 10 Republican holdouts who WILL NOT vote for Kevin McCarthey precisely because they do not believe he is a fighter and up for the job of Speaker of the House.

On Friday the Biden regime announced a new garbage Special Counsel probing into President Trump on charges that he left the White House with documents that he unclassified and that he led an unarmed insurrection into the US Capitol on January 6, 2021 with FBI operatives leading the charge.

On Friday, Marjorie Taylor Greene texted Steve Bannon on The War Room after the announcement of a new Special Counsel investigation. MTG told Steve Bannon she spoke with Kevin McCarthy and he will not fund another garbage special counsel investigation of President Trump.

Steve Bannon: By the way, MTG just texted me. She talked to Kevin McCarthy and wanted to report that Kevin McCarthy said “100%” there will be no funding for a special counsel. Zero funding for a special counsel.

MTG also tweeted this out.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green - Twitter: [Holman Rule. Look it up! @GOPLeader is going to put it in place. That means no money for Garland’s politically weaponized Special Counsel. Don’t promise too many jobs! Whoops defunded.? / Twitter

The full story is here: War Room: MTG says She Talked to Kevin McCarthy and There Will be NO FUNDING for latest Special Counsel Investigation of Trump (VIDEO) (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 2
WALTER784
Staff

Nov-25

“It is in the Public Interest to Appoint a Special Counsel” – LIVE-STREAM VIDEO: Merrick Garland Announces Jack Smith as Special Counsel Against President Trump 3 Days After Announcing His 2024 Bid for President

By Jim Hoft
Published November 18, 2022 at 1:20pm

Democrats have officially transformed the United States into a banana republic.

As Cristina Laila reported earlier US Attorney General Merrick Garland will appoint a special counsel to investigate whether criminal charges should be filed against Trump.

Trump earlier this week announced his 2024 bid for the White House so Biden’s DOJ is running interference.

The corrupt Department of Justice will investigate President Trump on the White House documents he brought with him to Mar-a-Lago when he left office and for the junk “insurrection” charges they accused him of after the January 6 protests.

This is the latest garbage attack on President Trump. The Biden regime – and certain Republicans – are out to destroy him so the populist movement in America will just go away.

This is the new January 6 investigation.

Garland says this will not replace investigations of anyone who was “illegally present” on public grounds on January 6th.

Jack Smith will serve as Special Counsel.

Here is the live video feed: (Note: Actual speech starts at the 14 minute mark)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-25

Can they shut it down by drying up their funding?

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-26

Not if everybody will work without pay! But it's very highly unlikely that high paid lawyers would work for nothing. Any court hearings would have to have the court costs paid in full, so that would have to come out of somebody's personal pocket if they didn't have government funding. The Democrats may try to inject slush funds to move them forward, but that would be easily tracible on the books.

Therefore, the only way it could continue is with illegal funding. And thus, should it continue without funding, a further investigation into where they're getting their funding would be opened up.

So, yes, they could continue without funding, but it would be very suspicious which would cause even more investigations.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-26

Trump will not participate so they won’t get far.

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-29

CRIMINAL CORRUPTION: Biden’s Special Prosecutor of Trump is Corrupt and Conflicted – His Wife Produced Michelle Obama Documentary

By Joe Hoft
Published November 22, 2022 at 10:45am

Biden and Merrick Garland’s corrupt special prosecutor is corrupted and conflicted.  This man doesn’t deserve to be in the DOJ, let alone overseeing the prosecution of President Trump.

The corrupt Department of (In)Justice just keeps getting more corrupt.  It is well known for years that the DOJ is corrupt and acts in criminal ways.  The DOJ is overrun by a gang of partisan hacks and liars.  The Mueller gang is a prime example.

The DOJ hasn’t changed.  They still are conflicted.  The Post Millennial shared yesterday on this matter of Jack Smith’s wife being a full-blown card-carrying liberal:

On Friday, United States Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that Jack Smith, a “veteran career prosecutor” would serve as a special counsel to lead the ongoing investigations into Donald Trump being conducted by Biden’s Department of Justice, and on Monday records show Smith’s wife, Katy Chevigny, is a “high dollar donor” to Joe Biden and contributed to various high-profile Democrat efforts.

On Twitter, Henry Rodgers tweeted a screengrab showing that Katy Chevigny, through her production company Big Mouth Productions gave $2,000 to the Biden for President campaign in 2020.
Chevigny also gave to anti-semitic squad member and Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib.

On Gettr, journalist Paul Sperry wrote, “BREAKING: FEC records reveal the wife of the supposedly ‘impartial’ special counsel Biden Attorney General Merrick Garland tapped to investigate Trump donated at least $2,000 to Joe Biden’s presidential campaign in 2020. Katy Chevigny, the wife of newly appointed Special Counsel Jack Smith, also gave money to Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib, the Islamist member of the radical ‘Squad’ who said of Trump: ‘We’re gonna impeach the motherf*cker’.”

Jack Posobiac also tweeted this:

If the DOJ and FBI wanted to administer justice they would only perform investigations with non-biased individuals running them.

The fact that the government continues to partake in investigations that are led by partisan hacks like Jack Smith shows that the DOJ is not for justice and it needs to be cleaned up.

CRIMINAL CORRUPTION: Biden's Special Prosecutor of Trump is Corrupt and Conflicted - His Wife Produced Michelle Obama Documentary (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW