Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FedEx driver : A Special Kind of stupid   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Nov-25 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 1095 views.

Today, Black Friday, it was pouring rain all day long. I spend several hundred dollars over the past decade making a dry, safe drop box (an old car sitting on blocks), and making some professional signs directing drivers to the car trunk to place any packages.

S

Sopping wet package in the rain November 25, 2022 (Black Friday). It has been raining all day. This idiot put it right next to the sign. Either he cannot understand the written English language, or he's too stupid to figure out how to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the sole.

<putting on Karen wig with asymmetrical bob> <working up best "I demand to speak to your manager" voice>

Anyone know a few internal email addresses to reach upper management of FedEx ground to send this picture to? (the high resolution where the tracking number is clearly legible)

In reply toRe: msg 1

Obviously delivery was done by someone on the brain-sharing scheme, and today wasn't their turn.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-25

FedEx is the worst delivery service of the big ones.  I’ve had more packages destroyed by them and none by anyone else. They all look like they’ve gone through a meat grinder.

Here are the top management.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/about/leadership.html

Showtalk said:

FedEx is the worst delivery service of the big ones. I’ve had more packages destroyed by them and none by anyone else. They all look like they’ve gone through a meat grinder. Here are the top management. https://www.fedex.com/en-us/about/leadership.html

Yep. I even found an entire sub-reddit about them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/comments/ktbnfm/fedex_complaint_one_of_the_worst_experiences/

Iit looks like there's eleventy bazillion tales on just about every platform out there, although I can't open Facebook links on this network, apparently Google is aware of even more tales of woe and a lot of video / stills from Ring doorbell footage of drivers behaving badly.

Speaking of signs - now I am aware that some semi-standard signs have been made for delivery driver instructions:
https://www.amazon.com/Delivery-Signs/s?k=Delivery+Signs

I need to set up a couple of extra cameras that watch the drop box and driveway, and immediately record when a driver or something enters the watched zone, just to have a lot more footage - complete with license plates and such for better shaming.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-25

They have so much trouble finding and keeping drivers it's impossible to train them well.

Showtalk said:

They have so much trouble finding and keeping drivers it's impossible to train them well.

That's what I've heard. It's a soul-crushing job due to poor management, just like most restaurant and fast food and retail positions. So if there is any better opportunity at all, in an industry outside of those retail, delivery, and food service industries, they pounce on that and never look back.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-25

It's also impossible to get fuel at a reasonable price.

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-25

Many kids today cannot read!

Cargo Claims Inquiries 1.800.Go.FedEx

FedEx contact information

FWIW

Thanks.

I think rather than wasting energy and time trying to get through their call screening I'm going to write a letter on paper and mail it, with a full 8x10 print of that photograph, along with one of the car in frame with the other sign, and an inset from a cropped Google Earth screen shot of the same places, since the car is clearly visible there too.

And spend a few extra bucks to send it certified, return receipt requested, plus a second identical package by first class mail. Just like one would do with a legal demand letter. That tends to get people's attention and punch through their defenses like a bunker-buster bomb through Saddam's bunker.

With that I'll detail the tracking number and the fact that it was soaked through and through.

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-26

If anything inside was damaged, you should ask them for a refund too!

FWIW