Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Special 400 dollar discount - NOT   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Nov-30 by WALTER784; 264 views.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

That is how they teach math today. The answer is whatever feels good.

WALTER784
Staff

Dec-1

Sounds about right... all answers are correct!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-9

Until they take state testing and fail, because that requires real math skills.

Looks like the "new math" they started peddling a few years after I got done with school.

WALTER784
Staff

Dec-23

LOL...

The only common thing I find about Common Core is that everybody who attempts to learn it is confused! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

WALTER784 said:

The only common thing I find about Common Core is that everybody who attempts to learn it is confused! (* CHUCKLE *)

Oh, it's worse. It also churns out a couple of generations who are not employable, which necessitates student loan debt just to build the skills that we learned when we were kids, before the public schools became a vast social indoctrination experiment to the detriment of all.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-24

Common Core isn’t a problem for those who are self started and who can learn on their own no matter what they are being taught.  It’s bad for those who are challenged or who learn incorrectly and can’t do math or think or use critical thinking skills.