Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

7/6/20

I won't be making that mistake again. We are all entitled to our opinions we are not necessarily entitled to our own facts.

Showtalk
Host

7/6/20

We are entitled to speak without being attacked. That goes for everyone.  If someone attacked you and I saw it, I would stop it.  I haven’t seen that and I apologize if it happened and I missed it.

Jeri (azpaints)

7/6/20

I don't feel I've been attacked, nor do I feel I have personally attacked kismet.  
This will be my last post in Hawaii, just to present facts.   Note this is law, not opinion.

Hawaii (8 USC Sec. 1405 - anyone born from April 30, 1900 is a citizen):

A person born in Hawaii on or after August 12, 1898, and before April 30, 1900, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900. A person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900, is a citizen of the United States at birth. A person who was a citizen of the Republic of Hawaii on August 12, 1898, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900.

Showtalk
Host

7/6/20

Ok, not attack but respect differences.  I’m think of the dog forum where everyone got upset and in the end I ended up getting blamed.  Maybe not by you but by everyone else.  All for differences in opinion.  We have a good forum here.  

Jeri (azpaints)

7/6/20

I simply said I was shocked.  

MerlinsDad

7/6/20

We are all entitled to our opinions we are not necessarily entitled to our own facts.

amen

Showtalk
Host

7/6/20

It’s over now.  Let’s just remember kindness, even if we disagree, myself included.  Elections come and go but I would like us all to remain friends.

Showtalk
Host

7/6/20

That facts statement is incredibly offensive, not from you but from anyone.  It implies that only the speaker knows what they are talking about and anyone who disagrees is a liar or stupid.

Jeri (azpaints)

7/6/20

I made the facts statement originally, not Merlins Dad.  It doesn't imply only the speaker knows what they are talking about.  It means that facts are important and should have as much importance as opinions.  You're right.  It's over.  I'm done.  You said this is an opinion forum and it is.  But I give importance to facts and respect opinions.  

Showtalk
Host

7/6/20

Except I don’t see alternative opinions give the same weight as things you post. I could be wrong but it seems that way.