Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Favorite breakfast food   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started Sep-2 by Showtalk; 2760 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-3

We’ve talked about that before. Ethnic cuisine can be delicious and adventurous.

kizmet1

Sep-3

Maybe our nation would have fewer obese families if they ate the food of their ancestors?
Showtalk said:

We are forced into what is considered normal schedules by work and school schedules. But if left to their own devices, some people are naturally morning people and some are naturally night people.

And chronic sleep deprivation is a very common problem in the industrialized world.

Every spring when we go on daylight saving time, traffic accidents, industrial accidents, heart attacks, strokes, all sorts of errors like incorrect orders placed or filled, all spike that Monday and take about 2 weeks to normalize to pre-time change levels.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-4

Obesity is caused by a number of factors.  I know a very wonderful lady who had stomach surgery because she could not control her weight.  It’s a combination of genetics and lifestyle habits.  Diet, exercise, and even medications can alter weight.

kizmet1

Sep-5

"Diet" is the keyword. Very few people know how to cook and eat from scratch. They also rely on convenience foods too much. Those foods have a lot of chemicals. At the Greek Festival I would never see obese members, especially the ones who helped make the meals, complete with pastry. I later became friends with one in her 90's who told me how she cooked. She was a food demo at a famous store but rarely bought what she demoed.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-5

The more processed food is, the more fat, sugar and salt it can have than in food that is prepared with as little processing as possible.

kizmet1

Sep-5

Exactly. Now you know why I eat the way I do. I put away the neasuring cups and just eat anything I want as long as it is low ( and I mean "low" carb. I use my carbs on mostly unprocessed, unpackaged food. Jennie O kielbasa is the lowest in everything and reminds me if the true Polish sausage I had growing up. In my opinion, all the liwer priced sausage on the market now is meant for beer drinkers.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-5

Because beer dulls the senses and everything tastes good?

kizmet1

Sep-6

LOL. I don't know. I was 7 and clearing tables with my 4 year old cousin. We sipped the bottom of the beer glasses. He liked it. I didn't. Things have not changed. I don't even like the smell.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-6

Funny. Which might explain your taste in sausages too.