Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should realtors use drones to film your home and property to sell another home?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 11/14/20 by Showtalk; 9210 views.

Illegal maybe but these are near outlaws anyways.

kizmet1

11/20/20

Things will come to a head. I just don't know when or how. I wrote things on calendar, can name names of experts I spoke to about what trees and plants a beaver will go after, and when and how many times the LE would not come. I was so scared I quit going out to cut and prune. Oddly, all vandalism dissappeared when neighbor's guest died.
Showtalk
Host

11/20/20

You and I think so, but other people think it’s a good business and marketing tool. I wouldn’t know what a drone looked like if I saw one.  They can be high enough you can’t even see them overhead.

Showtalk
Host

11/20/20

Not really odd since he was the culprit.

kizmet1

11/20/20

He had stage 4 lung cancer. Medical pot was legal here. I think he milked his condition "to the hilt" and went exploring at night after getting his host to drink himself to sleep. After I explaied my evidence to host via email I never heard from him again. He was a very nice man who must have either been shocked or else thought I was crazy.
Showtalk
Host

11/20/20

He probably believed you.

kizmet1

11/20/20

I don't know.

As long as we can aim laser pointers at the cameras on them, as "fair game" then ...

But I'd be more concerned about the being used to observe the "junque" to case the place.

Stuff most likely does eventually re-surface.

Or it's so ruined by rodent gnawing, urine, etc. that what was once valuable has become a hazmat disposal problem instead.

You'd be amazed how some monofilament fishing line strung between trees and such can entangle drones that manage to fly among them. Invisible or nearly so, when the spinning propeller strikes one, it wraps around the hub and pretty much causes it to go out of control in an instant.

You use a few pieces of maybe 20 to 30 pound test line to string across the property from corner to corner about 25 feet up in a kind of spiderweb pattern, then dangle several random long pieces of about 5 to 10 pound test line with small sinkers on them, to within about 5 or 6 feet of the ground.

Birds and insects have no trouble avoiding the lines, but drones will get tangled up in them much like unlucky insects that fly into a spider web.

You could even put a plastic spider somewhere in the maze and just claim that you hadn't gotten the Halloween decorations down yet, and since it was July, might as well just leave them up. Too bad the drone operator was not taking due diligence to not run into objects...