Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How much is gasoline at the pump where you live? (current week cheapest you have   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 4/12/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 7415 views.
Showtalk
Host

Apr-30

They must park somewhere.   Read that you have the highest rents in the country. You may have the highest gas prices too.

SMollick

Apr-30

Parking is a problem, for sure. City leaders attempt to discourage driving by all means possible, such as by removing traffic lanes and parking spaces by the thousands. For those of us who live in the outermost neighborhoods, however, driving is pretty much a necessity. However, if I need to go downtown, which is especially awful in terms of driving conditions, I do take the bus--and I hate doing it. 

Showtalk
Host

Apr-30

No street cars? They look like fun. I also hear the city has cut bus routes during Covid.

SMollick

Apr-30

I think streetcars have been discontinued during the pandemic--anyway, they only run on several streets. And yes, bus lines have been cut back, but not the one I take to medical appointments downtown.

The transit authority is in big financial trouble, largely of their own doing: they encouraged restaurant owners to build so-called Shared Spaces for outdoor dining, each of which removed 3-5 or more metered parking spaces; now they claim they'll lose $10 million annually in parking revenue. The director wants to charge residents a monthly fee to park in front of our own residences! They also want to charge Congestion Pricing for driving anywhere near the downtown area.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-30

They handled Covid well but are not known for fiscal responsibility. I know people who live in the city.  They made a foolish decision regarding tech busses too, overcharging for the use of their city streets.  They ended up driving a lot of taxpayers out during Covid, so they lost all that revenue too.  The libraries are still closed so that income is lost and they don’t charge for overdue books. How do they keep afloat?

SMollick

Apr-30

News flash: I drove past the station where gas was $4.10 yesterday--today it is $4.16.

Property tax, sales tax, parking tickets, etc.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-30

Taxes are out of control.

I topped off the truck today at $2.65 a gallon.

the reason so many former Californians are fleeing out here is that it's more expensive to live there than people who aren't tech giant billionaires can afford. So it's a huge exodus that seems all the way across the spectrum. High gas prices and other jaw dropping costs of living there are baked into everything.

Showtalk
Host

May-1

But the weather is nice.