Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How much is gasoline at the pump where you live? (current week cheapest you have   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 4/12/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 7688 views.

Still, Midland-Odessa and El Paso have the highest gasoline prices in Texas as of Monday or so..

Showtalk
Host

4/15/21

Most of the votes so far are groups in the low end or the high end.  Not much in the middle.

WALTER784

4/16/21

California high gas prices...

High land prices...

High taxes...

Home to many illegals...

Home to many Homeless...

Sanctuary State... not just cities...

Home to the big Calex!!!

So why does this NOT surprise me?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

4/16/21

You are right,

Probably the high end are in California, where they have to produce a special blend that is found nowhere else, and thus is much more expensive.

Low end is probably in some areas very close to refineries but with a lower cost of living than oil boom areas.

Showtalk said:

Votes show it’s over $4 a gallon somewhere. I found this https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/gasoline-prices-in-california-approaching-4-per-gallon/

Probably headed for 5 a gallon soon.

In other news, people are packing up and fleeing California - at least those who can afford to, and have opportunities elsewhere. So it is leaving behind the most destitute and more dependent class as the "brain drain" and "wealth drain" picks up steam.

Showtalk
Host

4/19/21

That’s what I’m finding when I search on gas prices.  Does the California blend do anything helpful? If so, why don’t other states adopt it?

Showtalk said:

Does the California blend do anything helpful? If so, why don’t other states adopt it?

It is only helpful to the politicians. And since it has been a one party rule state for the past few decades, it's unlikely to change, and as more people abandon the state, it will just leave behind those who really think somehow their blend is speshul.

Other states haven't adopted it because it is more of a virtue signaling than any real benefit.

Showtalk
Host

4/23/21

They claim it reduces smog and pollution.