Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How much is gasoline at the pump where you live? (current week cheapest you have   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 4/12/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 7442 views.
YWN666

May-22

Whenever I see someone using the phrase "fake news", that signifies to me that there is no point in trying to reason with that person.  Good luck in your battle with reality.

WALTER784

May-22

YWN666 said...

Whenever I see someone using the phrase "fake news", that signifies to me that there is no point in trying to reason with that person.  Good luck in your battle with reality.

Then you are the one who needs to face reality because fake news is real!!!

FWIW

WALTER784

May-22

>>>Okay, whatever you say<<< is a bit sarcastic!

But on the other hand... if I say you're a fool... does that make you one? In a similar sarcastic reply!

Do you remember all the Trump-Russia collusion "fake news" articles from EVERY SINGLE ONE of the liberal news media. There wasn't a single one that didn't print that "fake news".

And in the end, Mueller's report showed that there was no collusion.

Which means that EACH AND EVERY ONE of the liberal news media reported "fake news"!

It's not just because I say so... it's because it did happen and continues to happen to this day!

That's the reality of things... and not just because I said so... because it's the reality!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-22

I’ve noticed when you don’t like a post here rather than continue a discussion, you leave.  You have never run into fake news anywhere?  I have said this twice before, but CNN ran a fake story about my local area concerning people I know in real time.  I know it was fake because I followed the whole story in the local press as it unfolded, as well a posts on a local neighborhood site.  CNN caught the story after it was over and either did very sloppy reporting, or didn’t send anyone here but used second or third hand sources, or made it up.  Either way, the story they reported was 90% wrong, which makes it fake news.

I hope we had some white hat hackers who completely cleaned the ransomware outfits' clock.

WALTER784 said:

There are hundreds of thousands if not more hackers in the dark web. Taking out just a few of them will hardly put a dent in their activity!

Still if we play whack-a-mole aggressively enough, we can put some sand in their gears. It means that they can't operate with total impunity. Kind of like placing a bunch of mines and other fortifications along where an enemy is expected to invade - might not be able to stop them all but can inflict a lot of enemy casualties.

WALTER784

May-24

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

Still if we play whack-a-mole aggressively enough, we can put some sand in their gears.

Highly unlikely... it takes us hundreds if not thousands of hours of man resources just to locate one of their cells, but it only takes them 15 ~ 30 minutes to turn up a new cell! They could create literally hundreds more cells by the time it takes us to discover just one. And by the time we discover it, it's probably not used any more!

FWIW

YWN666

May-24

Showtalk said:

I’ve noticed when you don’t like a post here rather than continue a discussion, you leave.

So you've analyzed my visits here and determined that my absence is due to not liking a certain post?  Let me see your research or should I just yell "fake news" and run?

WALTER784

May-24

YWN666 said...

So you've analyzed my visits here and determined that my absence is due to not liking a certain post?  Let me see your research or should I just yell "fake news" and run?

Now... now... a bit snappy aren't you?

And especially towards the Host of this forum!

FWIW