Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Would you eat at a computerized restaurant?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 4/28/21 by Showtalk; 3776 views.
WALTER784

Jun-5

No it does NOT jumble them all up as you said, otherwise the following would also be just as jumbled up as you claim it to be.

So either Delphi works properly as I said or you're making something else up... your jumbled explanation is an edited version to make it seem like Delphi jumbles it up... but if Delphi jumble things up... then why is the following not as jumbled as you claim?

If you quote it properly... it will turn out properly. Otherwise, something else turns out which you want to blame on Delphi. Delphi's quoting works as it should... but somebody can purposefully misuse Delphi's quoting feature to make it look like somebody said they didn't but the point here is that it must be PURPOSEFULLY done. (i.e. It doesn't happen by mistake or error, but on purpose by the poster using the quoting feature.

WALTER784 said...

YWN666 said...

You're missing the point.

No I am not, but you seem insistent on repeating such falsities.

YWN666 said...

I can find an article in a right wing rag stating that drinking soy milk can make you gay.

And what do drinking soy milk can make you gay from an article either from the right wing or left wing have anything to do with the conversation currently at hand? You seem dead set on blaspheming Trump and the right wing for some reason or another.

YWN666 said...

I can find any article that promotes lots of ridiculous falsehoods as you have done.

You've yet to show an article that says what I claimed was a ridiculous falsehood, you just purport that in an attempt to trash me.

YWN666 said...

My point is that if you post the article or reference it, then you own it.

My point is that I read the article several months ago I referenced and I own up to what I said... if I post the article, then the writer of the article owns it... not me. And as you say, you can find just about anything so find the article I read several months ago.

YWN666 said...

If you post it to make a point and then when you are called on it say "the article said it", then it shows that you have no integrity and can't stand behind the things you say.

Integrity... you're calling me on my integrity? I now know you have absolutely no clue as to what you are even talking about! Just another attempt to trash me and what I say is all you can think about!

YWN666 said...

You're hiding behind the propaganda.

ROFLMAO... what propaganda? Be clear, concise and tell me exactly which propaganda I'm hiding behind or back off!

YWN666 said...

I'm trying to keep you honest but I don't know if that is an impossible task.

Yet another attempt to trash me. I'm honest, I said what I read, I claimed up to it but no... you just won't take that. You continually call what I say conspiracy theory, you say I have no integrity. You say I'm believing propaganda. All very big trashy terms, but can you prove any of what you claim?

How about sticking to the topic and stop trashing the poster for a change?

There was an article out several months ago that said Republicans and some Democrats believe the 2020 elections were rigged. I vouch for it because I saw it with my own two eyes. If you want to see it... DIG IT UP FOR YOURSELF... and stop trashing me!!!

FWIW

FWIW

WALTER784

Jun-5

YWN666 said...

Well now apparently your quoting feature does not work at all.

It works for me and it backs up my statement that you're blaming Delphi for your purposeful misquote!

FWIW

WALTER784

Jun-5

YWN666 said...

WALTER784 said:

YWN666 said... I can find any article that promotes lots of ridiculous falsehoods as you have done. You've yet to show an article that says what I claimed was a ridiculous falsehood, you just purport that in an attempt to trash me. YWN666 said... My point is that if you post the article or reference it, then you own it. My point is that I read the article several months ago I referenced and I own up to what I said... if I post the article, then the writer of the article owns it... not me. And as you say, you can find just about anything so find the article I read several months ago. YWN666 said... If you post it to make a point and then when you are called on it say "the article said it", then it shows that you have no integrity and can't stand behind the things you say. Integrity... you're calling me on my integrity? I now know you have absolutely no clue as to what you are even talking about! Just another attempt to trash me and what I say is all you can think about! YWN666 said... You're hiding behind the propaganda. ROFLMAO... what propaganda? Be clear, concise and tell me exactly which propaganda I'm hiding behind or back off! YWN666 said... I'm trying to keep you honest but I don't know if that is an impossible task.

OK this is an example of what happens when multiple comments are quoted.  It jumbles them all together.  Such was not the case with Walter's manufactured quote.

My post to you above shows that what you said in the above quote does NOT happen by Delphi. What you included above for your example of multiple comments being quoted is incorrect. You've purposefully ran them all together by editing them otherwise they would not appear run together. Look at my post above to see how it should be shown for multiple people using quotes and not your edited excuse of what Delphi does when multiple quotes from several people are mixed together. The results are entirely different.

Delphi works as it should... and your attempt to blame Delphi for your purposeful misquoting me is absolutely false!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-5

You did the same to him here.  https://forums.delphiforums.com/opinionpolls/messages/4561/88    Those were your words which you repeated as if they came from him. Quote within a quote without attribution.  At this point it looks like both sides have made an erroneous attribution, so we need to stop this line of discussion now.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-5

WALTER784 said:

feature. WALTER784 said... YWN666 said... You're missing the point. No I am not, but you seem insistent on repeating such falsities. YWN666 said... I can find an article in a right wing rag stating that drinking soy milk can make you gay. And what do drinking soy milk can make you gay from an article either from the right wing or left wing have anything to do with the conversation currently at hand? You seem dead set on blaspheming Trump and the right wing for some reason or another.

Ok, I finally got it to work and when I tried to repost, I got this.  The quoting feature doesn’t always work properly. It didn’t work at all for me yesterday.  I reported it to Gunter a few weeks ago and of course it began working right away.  

In any case this is TO BOTH OF YOU: if you use the quote feature when it’s working, please read before you post to be sure the words being quoted go with the person who posted.  Don’t make anything up and don’t take out names to make it look as if it came from someone else, even in error.

Please don’t make me close this discussion.  I did that last summer over fighting and I’d prefer not to do it again. 

WALTER784

Jun-5

Showtalk said...

In any case this is TO BOTH OF YOU: if you use the quote feature when it’s working, please read before you post to be sure the words being quoted go with the person who posted.  Don’t make anything up and don’t take out names to make it look as if it came from someone else, even in error.

Please don’t make me close this discussion.  I did that last summer over fighting and I’d prefer not to do it again. 

No problems from me... he started it... I called him on it... showed him how he did it and then you flagged my post because he called you on it. But I called him on it first before he reported it to Delphi. And then I asked you to delete his post after he asked you to delete my post, but he started it!

So as long as he doesn't start it again... I'm fine and will not do the same.

It was because he started it that I threw the same thing back in his face.

So no problems from me!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-5

Good then let’s not get mired in political disagreements. Now you all see why I said no more politics.

YWN666

Jun-6

WALTER784 said:

No problems from me... he started it

Oh yeah?  Well, I'm telling Dad on you!

Grow up, man.

YWN666

Jun-6

I solved the problem.  Walter is on my ignore list.  I suggest he do the same for me.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-6

That will be boring for you. LOL.