Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you happy Disneyland and Disneyworld are opening with Covid restrictions?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 5/1/21 by Showtalk; 4119 views.
Showtalk
Host

5/28/21

That is a good system. I wonder if the CA Disney has that ticket approach. When I went, they didn’t,

WALTER784

5/28/21

Last time I went to CA Disney was 1977. (They didn't have them.)

Last time I went to Tokyo Disney was 1986. (They had them them.)

Last time I went to Disney World was 2004. (They had them.)

And yes, it's a good system, if you have a ticket number and arrive within the printed time (15 minute leeway), you usually only have a 5 or so minute wait to get into the ride. They give those on time priority. You show them your timestamped ticket as you go through the gates and they have this very short line to the front of the line. If there are not enough with timestamped tickets, they let the others whom have been waiting 45 minutes to over an hour and a half in as well.

When I went to Tokyo Disney, it was with my family and my sister-in-law's family. We had 2 kids at the time and sis-in-law had 2 kids. So rather than have to zig zag across the entire park, we 4 adults zig zagged and just picked up the tickets for the 4 kids and as soon as they got off of one ride, we would rush to the other side of the park for the next ride. The kids had a ball. It worked like this:

If you went from one ride to the next one to it and picked up the tickets, the timestamp would be like 45 minutes to an hour later, so that's why we criss-crossed or zig-zagged to speed up the process. But at the end of the day, kids were tired of riding so much and parents were tired of walking across the entire park about a dozen times. (* CHUCKLE *) But it was so fun watching the kids get off of one ride, run across the park to the next one and then back across the park to yet the next and next and next one.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

5/29/21

It’s a good system.

Now that isn't something the drive-by media bothered to say in their propaganda piece. They just said $100 sandwich.

Showtalk said:

It takes about an hour a ride of waiting in lines.

Way too long. Way, way, too long.. Not what I would call a pleasant experience or something associated with "the happiest place on earth". Crowds and long lines are things I only associate with strongly negative experiences.

Showtalk
Host

5/30/21

A $100 sounds more frivolous than a giant sandwich cut into $12 pieces.

Showtalk
Host

5/30/21

It’s not much fun at all.

Still cut into 8 pieces at 12 bucks each, is a lot more than I'd want to pay for a sandwich, considering i can get a really big one for about 4 bucks at United Supermarket (formerly Albertson's).

For 12 bucks I can eat really well outside of a theme park or other place that has jacked up food prices inside.

It is that policy in most places that has totally turned me off from setting foot in them. Theme parks - sports stadiums - and especially movie theaters. It is a slap in the face to the idea of living frugally for one. I'd say that's one of the really big if not one of the biggest reasons I haven't darkened the door of any of those kinds of venues this century. That was I think the major deal breaker for me.

Showtalk said:

It’s not much fun at all.

Yep. That goes for big crowds at almost anything, really, for me, but standing in line for intervals that push up against endurance limits for bladders and bowels and no escape, would be nightmare fuel in any dystopian novel.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Nightmare_Fuel

Showtalk
Host

6/6/21

Theme parks are marketed toward parents of children and toward teenagers. $12 isn’t for the food, it’s for the entertainment that surrounds it.  People are willing to moray that much to eat at a theme park surrounded by Mickey Mouse and Cinderella, even though they are all just very fancy illusions.