Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

You Have One Week to Tell Amazon Not to   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 6/2/21 by WALTER784; 2353 views.
Showtalk said:

So robots will become more common to fill those jobs.

There will be a need for technicians to repair / maintain those robots.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

Can robots repair other robots?

Some can, but those have to be maintained and repaired, or programmed to do the repairs on the other robots.

We haven't quite gotten to "The Terminator" stage of "Rise of the machines" where we need Sarah Connor to somehow sabotage it before it can take over the world, but we are frightfully close.

WALTER784

Jun-18

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

There will be a need for technicians to repair / maintain those robots.

Yes, but there will only need to be 1 technician per 100 or several hundred robots.

And the technicians receive much better pay than those jobs which the robots replaced.

FWIW

WALTER784 said:

And the technicians receive much better pay than those jobs which the robots replaced.

Yep, but what about the 100 people who were unemployed? The technicians would have to pay a lot in taxes to feed and house those who lose that round of musical chairs and find there is no longer any place for them in the new economy.

Unless they get an offer they can't refuse. Choose - starve in a homeless encampment, or get fed really well for a few days and then step into a little room. Some gas comes in and you just go to sleep and never need food or shelter or housing again.

WALTER784

Jun-19

get fed really well for a few days and then step into a little room. Some gas comes in and you just go to sleep and never need food or shelter or housing again.

Hey now... that wasn't supposed to be made public until 2035! You're in big trouble now! (* SNICKER *)

FWIW

Edited to add: [If any of you believe any of this... I have some beautiful water front property to sell you in Florida!]

• Edited June 19, 2021 12:34 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-19

You haven’t read The Giver.  It’s a chilling middle school book about a solution to fix the elderly population problem.

WALTER784 said:

Edited to add: [If any of you believe any of this... I have some beautiful water front property to sell you in Florida!]

I have some beautiful ocean front property to sell you in SIlverton, Colorado. There, fixed it for ya :)

or
I have some beautiful tropical ocean front property to sell you in Edmonton, Alberta.

WALTER784

Jun-20

WALTER784 said:

I have some beautiful ocean front property to sell you in SIlverton, Colorado. There, fixed it for ya :)

or
I have some beautiful tropical ocean front property to sell you in Edmonton, Alberta.

The waterfront property in Florida I was referring to was swamp land about 1 foot under water! (* GRIN *)

FWIW

I thought all waterfront property in Florida was swamp. Although with rising sea levels, soon the entire state will be a swamp again.