Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

You Have One Week to Tell Amazon Not to   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 6/2/21 by WALTER784; 2352 views.
WALTER784

Jun-19

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

get fed really well for a few days and then step into a little room. Some gas comes in and you just go to sleep and never need food or shelter or housing again.

Hey now... that wasn't supposed to be made public until 2035! You're in big trouble now! (* SNICKER *)

FWIW

Edited to add: [If any of you believe any of this... I have some beautiful water front property to sell you in Florida!]

• Edited June 19, 2021 12:34 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-19

You haven’t read The Giver.  It’s a chilling middle school book about a solution to fix the elderly population problem.

WALTER784 said:

Edited to add: [If any of you believe any of this... I have some beautiful water front property to sell you in Florida!]

I have some beautiful ocean front property to sell you in SIlverton, Colorado. There, fixed it for ya :)

or
I have some beautiful tropical ocean front property to sell you in Edmonton, Alberta.

WALTER784

Jun-20

WALTER784 said:

I have some beautiful ocean front property to sell you in SIlverton, Colorado. There, fixed it for ya :)

or
I have some beautiful tropical ocean front property to sell you in Edmonton, Alberta.

The waterfront property in Florida I was referring to was swamp land about 1 foot under water! (* GRIN *)

FWIW

I thought all waterfront property in Florida was swamp. Although with rising sea levels, soon the entire state will be a swamp again.

WALTER784

Jun-20

I thought all waterfront property in Florida was swamp. Although with rising sea levels, soon the entire state will be a swamp again.

There are over 300 lakes within 15 miles of where I was raised. And then you have both the Atlantic Ocean on the east coast and the Gulf of Mexico on the West Coast. Not to mention the St. John's river which flows from the southern tip of Florida all the way up to just south of Jacksonville. And then there are plenty of other rivers and natural springs as well.

But there is a lot of swamp land out there too.

As for the rising sea levels... (* LOL *) also acclaimed by the same folks who are pushing for you to get the vaccination too!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-21

I don’t want swampland but I might buy a bridge.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Jun-21

>>> Working at home has also made a lot of people re-think the whole commute and rat race, and now that some management types who cling to the traditional ways things have been done are starting to order people back to the office, those who have re-balanced work and life are instead polishing up their resume's and going elsewhere. <<<

Particularly true in the tech industry, in which my older son works.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-21

Many tech hubs are very costly to live in or near. Now they have freedom to move and telecommute.

WALTER784 said:

As for the rising sea levels... (* LOL *) also acclaimed by the same folks who are pushing for you to get the vaccination too!

Well, there is geological evidence that the entire state of Florida except for one little hill (they call it a mountain but 300 feet is not very high by Texas, New Mexico, or Colorado standards) has been fully submerged more than once. All of that limestone was once coral reefs. And as that dissolves, you get sinkholes, which Florida is pockmarked full of.

But fresh ground water is turning brackish all over the state. Of course a lot of that is population growth. But then also, if sea levels are rising, it's the deep blue coastal cities that will flood out and all the hipsters will lose their over-priced real estate investments, while those of us in flyover country many thousands of feet in elevation higher than the coasts, would be relatively unaffected.

Except for all the refugees trying to move inland.