Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What does "John has a long mustache" mean? (snp)   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 6/5/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 2594 views.

Well, they seem to be heavy on posting gold and silver price charts. I'm more closely following copper, steel, and various other raw materials. Copper looks like it peaked a couple of weeks ago but it's still got a long ways for that bubble to go to fully burst. Same for lumber, and steel is still trending upwards mostly due to supply chain disruptions.

Oh, y'all mean the conspiracy theories on the page.

Showtalk said:

their opinion is that he could be taking memory enhancing medication that makes him more alert and coherent.

I didn't think such medication really exists, other than Adderall and Ritalin, or careful microdoses of methamphetamine. Although of course the spam industry has made those claims right alongside Gwyneth Paltlow's "goop" and other snake oil peddlers, doesn't make it really work.

I think most of the "memory enhancing" medications, and of course their kissing cousin, the "male enhancing" medications, are either sawdust or drywall powder or maybe sugar pills at best, some active ingredient at an unknown purity and dosage at worst.

I'd love to get hold of the results of a standard drug screening test done with his blood and urine.

Showtalk said:

He stumbles, but he also had a teleprompter and possibly a microphone in his ear during other appearances.

And still stumbles even with all that extra help that the rest of us would call cheating.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

Someone pointed out fi they made a fake Biden he would be coherent, robust and look younger.  The current Biden looks slow and weak.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

Yes, I meant he theories, not prices.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

Aricept enhances memory and holds off Alzheimer’s.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

He’s a bumbler, but they like him well enough.

Unless they had been to cinematography school and studied film continuity detailing on set. Then they would realize that the real Biden being slow and weak, the fake Biden also needs to look slow and weak but freeze the deterioration at a certain point then only allow a very slight simulated decline.

Otherwise, sharp people would notice an "It's a Miracle!" kind of recovery that couldn't be explained to the satisfaction of anyone familiar with aging and cognitive decline.

At that level of access to care that mere mortals could never afford, yeah - that could make sense that they could be giving him million dollar a week levels of therapeutics. Although I'm just pulling a number out of thin air. I keep thinking that stuff is jaw-dropping expensive, like tens or hundreds of times more costly for a regular schedule of maintenance doses than the median income for a family of 4.

Thus it would be something that only one dual eligible for Medicare and Medicaid where it's all fully subsidized, would actually be able to get. The rest of us "useless eaters" who aren't as rich as Elon Musk or Marc Zuckerberg would find even the co-pays well beyond our reach.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-19

But the TV Biden has gone downhill even since January.