Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you side with the NCAA business model or the players?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Jun-21 by Showtalk; 4228 views.
WALTER784

Jul-25

I remember paying $3 some odd ~ $4 some odd for a movie back in the 70's... but it was never over $5.

I remember going to drive in theathers as well, but don't remember what the cost was back then.

FWIW

In the early 1970s, when Cheech and Chong did their "Pedro and the Man at the Drive-In" skit, where they had the extra folks sneaking in by riding in the trunk, it was 50 cents a head. They nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i674e6f47R0

In case you haven't heard it. It is still a hilarious skit when one lets their inner middle school locker room self out to laugh till his sides ache for a while. Guaranteed to have plenty of politically incorrect innuendos and references from a bygone era from before cancel culture came to power. Probably contains stuff that would offend the likes of AOC and her squad, too. Enjoy before they figure out what it's about and take it all down.

WALTER784

Jul-25

I looks like they've pulled that one you quoted a link to, but yes... I remember listening to Cheech and Chong back in the mid 70's on the radio quite a bit when I was in high school.

Who cares what politicians think about them today... Cheech and Chong are funny... politicians are not! So screw them!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-26

I brought food in my bag.

Workingguy2

Jul-29

What time did you get out of school?grinning

WALTER784

Jul-29

Workingguy2 said...

What time did you get out of school?

LOL...

The time was Jun 1976!!! (* BIG GRIN *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-30

The year or the time? Usually around 3 pm.

I was more worried about getting caught - but it was the whole principle of a business model built upon greed. Charging $4 for a Coke I could easily get for 50 cents at WalMart, was what I saw as highway robbery.

.And just like my experience with the first vehicle I ever bought, on the "advice" of various folks, at a dealership, I have never darkened the door of such a place again in the subsequent 35 years or so, because I saw how dealerships are a ripoff and then some.

The service department was quickly seen as an even bigger rip-off. Once I got away from that bunch, I never got a newer vehicle again, and it's been well over 3 decades. I will be proud to go to my grave without ever having purchased a new car or anything too new to work on myself.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-6

Good luck. They want to get rid of gas powered cars and trucks by 2030.

And most people can't afford them, plus they will also have to contend with this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/couples-tesla-caught-fire-charging-overnight-caused-a-house-fire-2021-8

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9861747/Sleeping-couple-wake-house-flames-Tesla-caught-fire-charging.html

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2330556386651/while-they-were-asleep-their-teslas-burned-in-the-garage-it-s-a-risk-many-automakers-are-taking-seriously

A California couple woke up one morning to find that their Tesla had caught fire while charging in their garage, causing $1million in damage.  Yogi and Carolyn Vindum haven't been able to return to their San Ramon home since the December 30 fire that sent flames into an upstairs office and destroyed two bedrooms and a bathroom.

'We were lucky we got out without any injuries,' Yogi told the Washington Post. 'The garage doors actually blew off from the explosions.'

... The Model S starts at $90,000, while the Model 3 retails for $40,000. The Post has documented at least five fires involving the Tesla Model S, the flagship sedan from Elon Musk's electric car company. ...