Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

88% fully vaxed and new cases still risi   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/20/21 by WALTER784; 16648 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

11/30/21

How many more would have died without a vaccine?

WALTER784

11/30/21

Trump initially estimated millions, but current deaths are at 801,326.

Can anybody give an accurate answer to your question? I think not.

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

11/30/21

You decided to not get a vaccine.  Your body, your family and friends at risk from your choice, but it is your right to choose. Own it Walter and stop trying to defend it or justify your choice.  Bottom line your obsession with rates of vaccination, rates of vaccinated cases/deaths is to justify your choice.  It's your choice.  Own it and let the rest of us decide and live with our choices.  

WALTER784

11/30/21

Jeri (azpaints) said...

You decided to not get a vaccine.  Your body, your family and friends at risk from your choice, but it is your right to choose. Own it Walter and stop trying to defend it or justify your choice.  Bottom line your obsession with rates of vaccination, rates of vaccinated cases/deaths is to justify your choice.  It's your choice.  Own it and let the rest of us decide and live with our choices.  

Wooo hoooo... we finally agree on something. My body... my choice... NOT the governments choice!

My family and friends are not at risk because of my choice... because they've all been vaccinated. I totally own it... me, myself and I. So go on and live your lives with your own choices.

But let's pick this discussion back up again in 2025!

I own it. YEP... it's mine!

But why won't they let me on a plane? Why won't they let me make a hotel reservation? Why won't they let me in a restaurant? Why won't they leave me alone? All of you vaccinated people can and will spread Covid if infected just as much as I can!!!

2025... let's continue that conversation there!

FWIW

• Edited November 30, 2021 11:34 am  by  WALTER784
Jeri (azpaints)

11/30/21

All choices have consequences.  You choose not to get vaccinated  -  the consequences are restricted access, travel and job availability if you were employed.  You knew that going in when you made your choice.  All employers and companies have the right to decide who can and cannot access their services and Nader under what conditions they can do so.  Just as you have a right to your choices, companies and governments have a right to their choices.  If you want to strip them of their right to choose how to run their company be prepared for the backlash of them stripping your rights to choose.

Showtalk
Host

11/30/21

I agree we have talked about this enough.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/30/21

I need a nap...we're having a bigger electrical transformer (??) put in.  From 200 to 400 (Rocketman can help here).  They are digging holes and trenches.  And more holes.  Longer trenches (190'+ of trenching), another hole.  Puppies are going insane!  Every time they cross the ring camera we get a bell alert.  Alerts mean someone is at the door.  By Cassie and Foxie calculations that means the possibility of treats increases exponentially.  Zoomies from where they are to the front window, long stare at the  porch, tailwagging slowly stopping. Dejected shoulders.  Sad eyes.

Showtalk
Host

11/30/21

That would make mine crazed too with lots of extra barking. They are usually quiet unless there is a threat. Then they are very loud.  Good luck with that.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/30/21

Cassie was almost silent until we got Foxie.  Now she does this whine/half bark/whine that drives us all NUTS!  Fox gives one short sharp bark. Life with critters is never boring 

WALTER784

11/30/21

They've already stripped my rights and I've done nothing wrong.

Not getting a vaccine is not wrong... it's my body... my choice!

Luckily, I have no plans to get on a plane any time soon, but inside of Japan, you don't need to be vaccinated (only show that you've been tested negative 72 hours prior to flight) at your own expense. It's not draconian like the U.S.

Luckily, I'm retired... but even if I was still working, Japanese companies do not fire the unvaccinated nor do they require that they get vaccinated. They still treat people with dignity and respect here in Japan... not in the U.S.

As for hotels, shopping centers, theaters, restaurants, etc. Only the intercontinental hotels in Japan require a vaccine passport to be shown for entry.

So go figure... my freedoms as a U.S. citizen are being stripped from me because I don't want to take a vaccine I don't think I need. BUT... on the other hand... I... a U.S. citizen living in Japan... still have my freedoms in Japan... many more freedoms than in the U.S.

You think about that and let it sink in!

What current administration is doing is draconian and unconstitutional. Legally, they are being challenged on multiple fronts for those unconstitutional moves too!

FWIW