Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What was your first reaction when you heard Alec Baldwin shot someone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 10/22/21 by Showtalk; 19350 views.
Showtalk
Host

11/16/21

They only run out of ammo for plotlines.

Showtalk
Host

11/16/21

I wonder how many Hollywood crime writers are anti gun except on screen.

WALTER784

Nov-17

Drones would probably be the cheaper way to go.

FWIW

I think they are younger & have no influency from their own homes, that is part of the problem I think.

WALTER784

Nov-18

Well... to break the monotony...

I found this one interesting:

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

Or the wrong kinds of influences.  A 15 year old can have a 35 year old parent who was raised on social media. 2nd generation of social media.  

Showtalk said:

I wonder how many Hollywood crime writers are anti gun except on screen.

Probably all of them. Unless there's a couple who aren't anti-gun but they are "in the closet" and have to toe the Party line and constantly live in fear that someone will out them.

Except drones are limited to about 400 feet altitude. If there is enough money at stake, and it lies beneath any major air routes, one could get hold of an environmental patrol type aircraft that effectively has a spy satellite camera mounted under the fuselage or under a wing. On a clear day you could then go up to a fairly high altitude and just make a single high altitude pass, and wouldn't even have to pass directly overhead, rolling footage the whole time. And if you could make a pass in one direction to one side of the property, then go on a hundred miles beyond, then make another pass on the opposite side, you now have good parallax which will let you build a very good 3D model, and you have a good look at all sides of all structures so there is nothing hidden.

They've been doing that trick with spy satellites for decades - fly a pair in a polar orbit, far enough apart that they make a pass just to one side of an observational target in denied airspace, the earth turns beneath the orbit like a barbecue on a spit, and then the 2nd satellite maybe 3 to 5 minutes later can get imagery from the other side of the target. Combine the images into a stereoscopic image.

It also is how topo mapping can be done from aircraft and satellites, too.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

But some of those people shoot for fun.  Not all gun users are on the right.  I think it has more to do with where one is raised as to whether they use guns or not. If they grow up shooting, they may continue.  If they grow up in anti gun households or in areas where sport shooting is frowned on, they are less likely to take it up. I literally didn’t know one hunter when I was growing up.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-18

Is the height restriction 400'?  For some reason I thought it was lower.  AZ has had a couple of problems with drones, and laser pointers are a real issue here for pilots, too.