Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What was your first reaction when you heard Alec Baldwin shot someone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 10/22/21 by Showtalk; 19358 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

10/26/21

I remember one tv shootout where the one bad guy for fired over ten shots and the cops picked up his gun and said he had a bullet left in the gun and the other cop said something about he was sure he counted all six bullets fired...

WALTER784

10/27/21

New info...

Nolte: Dershowitz Says Death on Alec Baldwin Set ‘Likely’ a ‘Homicide’

z“It is likely, therefore, that the killing of Halyna Hutchins could constitute a homicide — that is, a criminal killing,” Alan Dershowitz writes at The Hill. “The remaining questions are who might be criminally responsible for the killing and what degree of homicide fits the evidence?”

It seems clear that Alec Baldwin was not aware that he was firing a gun capable of expelling a lethal projectile. But his role reportedly was not limited to passively being an actor; he may have had some responsibility as one of several producers of the film. The nature of the role of producers varies from film to film, and it is unlikely that Baldwin’s role included responsibility for set safety. But some may think that it was not simply enough for him to accept the word of an assistant director about the gun’s safety, that he perhaps should have independently inspected the gun before firing it. It is unlikely, however, that such an omission would result in criminal responsibility.

Others on the set almost certainly bore greater responsibility, and their roles should be investigated, their responsibilities pinpointed. Before anyone is charged with a crime, there must be evidence beyond a reasonable doubt of individual criminal culpability. Just because there was a crime, it does not necessarily follow that there is enough evidence to charge any particular individual.

Also, a legitimate accident, which is what this is, does not protect you from criminal liability. Regardless of intent or malice, negligence and recklessness that result in the loss of life can still result in a criminal charge.

FWIW
Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

How do the bad guy always have infinite billets where the cops always run out? I just watched a ridiculous scenario on NCIS LA where an entire team more experienced agents were wiped out by a few rogue German arms dealers. From watching cop shows I know they would never leave themselves exposed like they did.  I can’t believe I still watch that show.

• Edited October 27, 2021 11:35 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

It sounds like manslaughter if there was no intent.

some bloviator on the radio named curtis placed all the blame on the actor involved, when in fact it is probably the case that baldwin didn't really know enough about guns to have done much differently.

Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

Everyone has an opinion.

In reply toRe: msg 85
Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

Watch Live: Authorities recover bullet believed to have been fired by Alec Baldwin on film set

Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza and District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies are expected to speak at a press conference.

WALTER784

10/28/21

Well... the investigation is still ongoing so we'll just have to wait and see.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

10/28/21

Now they are all piling on the armorer.