Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What type of pen do you most often use?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 11/19/21 by Showtalk; 6424 views.
Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

School children were getting anxiety attacks when they got papers returned covered with red ink.  So they changed colors to something more soothing.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

Probably the same psychiatrist who recommended awards for just showing up at a competition 

WALTER784

11/24/21

Showtalk said...

Red pens are not used in school anymore. They offend people.

Well, I'm offended that they get offended. Red is a beautiful color. So why force 23,000,000 teachers from using red when grading?

BTW: Black ink and blue ink offend me. (* CHUCKLE *)

Just tell them they get offended too easily and to grow up and learn to live with it!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

Don’t you hate that?  I’ve heard kids ask why they got trophies when they lost every single game in the season.

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

It happened a decade ago so they are adults now.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

After decades of watching my dd and DS compete and lose, compete and place and compete and win, i hate the show up awards!

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

I always did.  I thought they gave children a false sense of what they could and couldn’t do.  I got them out of those sports as soon as I could.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

Exactly.  And, in some ways it gives them an out for their own errors, lack of training, understand of the competition, etc.

WALTER784

11/24/21

They may be adults now, but did they ever grow up and grow out of their "being offended" stance?

FWIW

WALTER784

11/24/21

Getting something without even putting in the effort.

That's going to set them up for a big failure in future life once they get out of school.

FWIW