Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What should be done about a flash mob robbery?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 11/21/21 by Showtalk; 549 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

11/22/21

Innocent, elderly, those who have to shop at night, bad areas.

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

If they can afford to move and have a place to go. If they are in rent controlled buildings, they can’t move. They won’t find the same deal anywhere else.

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

Yes, they will have to if they can. They need a credit card.

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

They think they can stop this by punishing all drivers?  Cars won’t be allowed to drive up to stores.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

I do all my shops g online with my debit card, not a credit card.

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

I heard all this on a radio show so I don’t have links unless I can find them.  The owner of The Grove which is a big high end shopping mall near Beverly Hills, Rick Caruso, said his mall was not breached.  Now it appears he’s going to fight back and run for Mayor of Los Angeles.  The Nor Cal stores are boarding up windows.  Beverly Hills was hit and has hired two high powered security firms to fight back.  I hope there are no shootings there as a result.  Another billionaire with political aspirations.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/rick-caruso-mayor/

In reply toRe: msg 21
Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

I think this will become a real problem for merchants in the future.  How do you possibly defend against this unless you have shatter proof bullet proof windows or no windows and ID required front doors with just a viewing slot? 

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

It might blow over, too.  Bullet proof glass is an option if they can afford it. Making it a felony and prosecuting might stop it too.  Although it’s hard to make mob charges stick as organized crime, which it is.