Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What should be done about a flash mob robbery?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 11/21/21 by Showtalk; 506 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

11/21/21

Jeri (azpaints)

11/21/21

Anyone involved in a robbery should be identified, and charged.

WALTER784

11/21/21

If they're under the $750 (or what ever the price) limit... why do anything? </sarcasm off>

These are all pre planned using some kind of media... at least from the ones captured, they need to find out what media is being used (smartphones, apps, websites, etc.) and then watch for future such activity in an attempt to thwart the next one.

It's rampant, illegal robbery on a massive scale not to mention places the safety of innocent people in the area in danger.

And then the stores themselves have to repair or replace all the broken things and resupply their stocks with all the stolen goods only for it to happen again and again and again.

We cannot have a larger police presence at all stores... especially after the defund the police stint! And even if they could find 20 police and station them at all of the stores in the area, when a mob of 80 starts getting rowdy... even 20 police persons would have a hard time stopping anything and may themselves get killed in the process.

It looks like today's society is starting to enter the era of lawlessness and the future doesn't look bright.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/22/21

Can you imagine if you were shopping in that store when the mob showed up?  

Showtalk
Host

11/22/21

It’s been lawless since they allowed rioting in 2020 with few consequences.  Politics aside, any business that was destroyed by rioting and looting and arson is a victim. Anyone who lost local shopping due to mob violence is a victim. What happened to all those people living in those areas who have no place to shop anymore?  I can’t even imagine what I would do if my local stores were all boarded up.

WALTER784

11/22/21

Not really, but my first gut instinct would be to pick up an item (preferably an inexpensive one) and exit the building with them as the safest retrieve.

Then, once you're outside of the building, proceed directly to the police and return the stolen item. The less expensive the item... the better chances are that the police will believe you because you actually returned it!

Even if you're caught leaving the building... the inexpensive item will work in your favor if you explain that your intent was just getting out of the building unharmed.

FWIW

• Edited November 22, 2021 9:34 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

11/22/21

Why take anything? Why not just leave?

Jeri (azpaints)

11/22/21

I'd sit down and shut up!

Showtalk
Host

11/22/21

I would hide. How can they be sure they wouldn’t get arrested they are the only ones left in the store when the police arrive?

Jeri (azpaints)

11/22/21

Video, others testimony, no articles stolen.