Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is really sad...   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 11/22/21 by WALTER784; 639 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Flu vaccine doesnt, nor does shingles.  I read sometime ago that there is rising suspicions that if tested, we may find that some previously thought lifetime protection vaccines are not lifetime vaccines.  Measles is one of them I think! But don't quote me on that as Im probably wrong.   

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

They last longer than 6 months.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Does flu vaccine?  I've never had one.  

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

Flu shots aren’t vaccines. They target the most likely strains to hit each year.  People who get them every year tend to have less flu and they aren’t quite sure why, because immunities are supposed to last only through that season.  However, they seem to give some more lasting protection.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

You need to tell the CDC that.

What is a flu vaccine?

Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is also a nasal spray flu vaccine.

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

I’m not telling them anything the can call them anything they like. They aren’t going to listen to me.  Even the pharmacy doesn’t call them vaccines.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

The AMA and science, plus the various patent applications control the legal description.  You can deny they are "vaccines" but the science and the legality disagrees. If we are going to demand accuracy and truth from the media, we need to have the same standard for ourselves.  Edit:  as noted flu vaccines are sometimes referred to as shots but what do you call the nasal spray since it's not a shot?

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

A nasal spray.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

It's a flu vaccine a prescription  needed.  Tell you what.  You cAll it what you want and I'll call it what I want and we simply wont debate word issues.