Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree parents of school shooter, Ethan Crumbley, should also be arrested?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Dec-3 by Showtalk; 2231 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Dec-3

I want to say yes, but then after reading that article, the school who are trained to circumvent violence did not check his backpack, allowed him to return to class, allowed parents to make that decision and did nothing to find out if he was a risk or not. Aren’t they trained for that?

WALTER784

Dec-4

I think we have another "going after the parents" issues again.

And if you put your place in the parent's shoes... they're probably scared sh##less and afraid to come forward.

First question that needs to be answered is... Did the father have that newly purchased gun under lock and key and unloaded?

If the father had it under lock and key, then perhaps the boy knew where the key was, but regardless, it should have been under lock and key.

If the father didn't have it under lock and key, then... that's a totally different story of not properly storing a weapon.

Now, on to the mother. I've read several stories that describe the mother having problems with the school since the 9th grade. Their boy just wasn't coping well and was failing in the Common Core math they were teaching him. And as neither of the parents had taken Common Core, they looked at the books, but they too couldn't understand it. So they decided to hire a tutor, but as they were not very well financially, they had to default on their car payments to get the tutor to teach him. And these school related problems have been going on since 2016.

I've read some articles that attempt to paint the mother as a pro Trump supporter, but then other articles show that she was not pro Trump... but that she was anti-Hillary and that's why she voted for Trump. She didn't want to vote for him but she didn't want to see Hillary in the POTUS seat either.

I've also read some articles that say the son was bullied and harassed in school.

Finally, let's get to the school. They knew about the troubling post the day/night before. They called the parents in the following day, but didn't inspect his back pack, they don't use metal detectors and they just let him stay in class unchecked.

That's all we know at this time. The boy's lawyers are asking that the boy not talk directly with the police at this time and until he talks... the rest is just speculation.

FWIW

• Edited December 4, 2021 1:11 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

The father bought the gun for him on November 26. The mother joked in a text about not getting caught searching for ammo. It doesn’t look good for any of them. He looks scary in that photo. This is from the Fox site and they don’t seem to be siding with the family at all. Just the opposite

WALTER784

Dec-4

I saw that, but without more actual details... it's really hard to say anything.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

WALTER784

Dec-4

I read it... it's from HuffPo, so I cannot guarantee the accuracy of what they are reporting.

The biggest part I'm not sure about is >>>McDonald said at a press conference that the teen’s parents ignored serious warning signs about their son and failed to secure a firearm in their home.<<<

I cannot comment further without more detailed information but that is the crux of what I find suspicious. It may be correct, but with HuffPo... are you kidding me?

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Dec-4

Voted #2, I’ve seen enough alleged about the parents to believe they should be charged. Your assertion the Mom was joking with that text is not believable, with all the shootings in the United States that’s a very poor taste joke, something a normal person would probably not do.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

The article gave an example that looked like it was supposed to be a joke. It did not seem funny to me. There is something seriously wrong in that family. Still, the school made a mistake too.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Dec-4

That’s why I voted #2, not listening to that teacher who could see the signs was a grave mistake.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

Teachers are mandatory reporters when they believe a child is abused. They should also be mandatory reporters when they suspect violence might happen.  This child was clearly disturbed.  Even in his mug shot, he looked deranged.  He wrote a note indicating he was going to commit violence and couldn’t fight it off.  How much clearer a threat do they need?