Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree parents of school shooter, Ethan Crumbley, should also be arrested?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Dec-3 by Showtalk; 2240 views.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

WALTER784

Dec-4

I read it... it's from HuffPo, so I cannot guarantee the accuracy of what they are reporting.

The biggest part I'm not sure about is >>>McDonald said at a press conference that the teen’s parents ignored serious warning signs about their son and failed to secure a firearm in their home.<<<

I cannot comment further without more detailed information but that is the crux of what I find suspicious. It may be correct, but with HuffPo... are you kidding me?

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Dec-4

Voted #2, I’ve seen enough alleged about the parents to believe they should be charged. Your assertion the Mom was joking with that text is not believable, with all the shootings in the United States that’s a very poor taste joke, something a normal person would probably not do.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

The article gave an example that looked like it was supposed to be a joke. It did not seem funny to me. There is something seriously wrong in that family. Still, the school made a mistake too.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Dec-4

That’s why I voted #2, not listening to that teacher who could see the signs was a grave mistake.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

Teachers are mandatory reporters when they believe a child is abused. They should also be mandatory reporters when they suspect violence might happen.  This child was clearly disturbed.  Even in his mug shot, he looked deranged.  He wrote a note indicating he was going to commit violence and couldn’t fight it off.  How much clearer a threat do they need?  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Dec-4

From what I understand the teacher did report it to his superiors but either was not believed or thought action would be taken and none was, either way they must be held accountable as well.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-4

The school dropped the ball and the parents are taking the full hit. All are somewhat to blame.

WALTER784

Dec-5

I believe both the school and the parents are both to blame.

Parents knew the boy was problematic but got him a gun anyway. 

Teachers knew the night before but never contacted the police. 

But one question I still have about this is, why did the DA NOT coordinate with the sheriff's office to pick up the parents BEFORE the public announcement of charges?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-5

It has been handled badly all along.  I agree. Why were the parents allowed to flee? Unless their attorney got a hint of the charges and told them. It’s possible it happened so fast they didn’t have everything they needed yet for a warrant.