Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What should happen to Jussie Smollett as a result of his crimes?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Dec-6 by Showtalk; 32939 views.
WALTER784

Dec-7

I voted [He should be tried on all counts and punished accordingly].

A hate crime is a hate crime and should be judged and punished as a hate crime. Even if he did it to himself. It was still a hate crime.

He knew good and well that it would stir up more hatred and yet did it anyway and even lied to cover up the truth. 

I mean it's almost like screaming fire in a theater when there is no fire there!

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 4
WALTER784

Dec-7

Tucker: How did anyone fall for this Smollett hoax?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

He committed a crime but the defense is that the tv show he worked for had allowed him to be bullied and discriminated against without investigating or doing anything to stop it. He felt he was shining a light on injustice.  Now Kim Fox who did not charge him appropriately is also being investigated.  

Showtalk
Host

Dec-7

I’m cutting back online video watching because it drains my battery but I agree with the question. How did they fall for a case that clearly had gaping holes in it?

WALTER784

Dec-7

One thing I found interesting was not only did the two he paid to pull the stunt come forward with the truth, but another video on that same street filmed earlier showed them rehearsing the stunt before the actual stunt took place which was apparently even more damning than the actual two witnesses themselves.

FWIW

WALTER784 said:

One thing I found interesting was not only did the two he paid to pull the stunt come forward with the truth, but another video on that same street filmed earlier showed them rehearsing the stunt before the actual stunt took place which was apparently even more damning than the actual two witnesses themselves.

that video, if introduced as evidence at trial, is not going to make him look very good at all to the jury.

Kind of like the Karen in the store who assaults someone and tries to take their phone or the toilet paper in their cart, then cries crocodile tears and claims "this person threatened my life and stole my kid's PlayStation" then the CCTV footage is reviewed and it turned out the Karen attacked and shoved the already partly disabled person to the floor after demanding the electronic device for her inconvenience, then forcibly tried to take it and the victim barely managed to hang on to it.

Usually the Karen gets frog-marched out in handcuffs.

Except in cases of incompetent law enforcement who just believe the convincing liar and don't bother to actually gather any evidence such as video.

WALTER784

Dec-8

From what I heard, it was already introduced as evidence. 2 days before the incident, he's driving his car down that street where they were to stage the actual incident and went past it 3 or 4 times... on video with the two brothers in the car with him.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-8

He should go to jail as an example of sheer gall and stupidity.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-8

Not only is it evidence but I bet the jury has already heard about the case and the facts.  It would be hard to find 12 people who haven’t.

Well, hopefully he gets prison. As a warning to others - thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.