Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Heads Up for new arrivals   Non-Golf Folder (General)

Started Jun-18 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 13117 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

The forum can either be viewed in Classic Mode (what we remember and what I prefer) or Zeta Mode (which offers more free features like easy video embedding).  As Admin, I can make the forum Zeta mode to enable those features, but each member can choose to view in Classic Mode because it looks better and presents the folder better.  But, if you want to embed a video, you can switch to Zeta Mode in Preferences and then switch back to Classic Mode when you're done.  Does that make sense?

So, I am going to switch the forum setting to Zeta.  You can view in Classic by checking the box at the bottom of the Preferences tab.  You may have to log off and sign back in for it to take effect.

Or, you can pay $50/year for Delphi Plus

Husker (Birdman506)

Jun-18

Good information to know.

What I wish you would do is to make some of the folders (Futility Folder: Politics) "Private" so we don't even need to see their contents if we choose.  I think that is how the old forum worked.

Or, you could just ignore it, like a big boy.

I don't want you to to take this personally, because there have been a lot of serious GEAers who said similar things, and I could never understand how an adult could let the words on screen from some anonymous internet troll upset them.

Even during some of the most ridiculous battles on the original GEA, GEA2 or even here on GEA1+, I find it all amusing.  Of course, I am:

Husker506

Jun-19

The words don't bother me because I seldom read anything in that folder.  I simply dislike scrolling through several messages I have no interest in reading.

NineMileSkid

Jun-19

How do you know you have no interest in reading a message if you don't know what's in it?

Husker506

Jun-19

How do you know you have no interest in reading a message if you don't know what's in it?

One of life's little mysteries.  I DO know I'm not interested in reading about politics on a golf forum.
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jun-19

If possible, maybe it would be useful to give Priority listing to the Folders; Golf Talk, Golf Equipment and Non-golf, then the 
rest of the folders can be listed based on activity, like they are now.    This way FF isn't always on top.    

FF doesn't need to be hidden, but it might be best to not always be on top. 
Another option to to put it at the bottom.   

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Art,

That is reasonable.  I will do that as soon as I get a chance.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Ok, let me know if it worked.  The FF should be the last folder displayed.