Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hey Robb - About your 43.5" Epic Flash..   Golf Equipment

Started Jun-23 by Luvpings (luvpings1); 1959 views.
Tom0956i

Jul-13

I cut my Flash down to 44.5 and it put mine at D0. My slider weight was the 15.5 OEM (?) weight I've a 19g weight coming. . What new weight did you get?

BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-13

...what will the heavier weight do?

Robb

Tom0956i

Jul-13

Adds Swingweight to where it feels right...to me.

flatstik (gregf82)

Jul-13

I think I got the 19 and then a lighter one, 4-5 gms maybe as well; I put them both in to get the swingweight up to a D2.  Be careful of those after market weights and tightening; don't go too tight as the screws can break.  If you take up to where you make the wrench clicks, it may break.  I just have them on snug and check them every so often.  

I have not added any weight to mine and have no plan to right now.  I am hitting it very well.  I figure I swing a golf club...not a swing weight.

BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-13

I think same - I cut off 2 inches or so off the shaft and while it feels a little different than a normal length driver - it's not unwieldy.  I'm loving the shortness of the club - it makes it more iron-like and I feel like I'm hitting it solidly more easily.   I am still in a honeymoon phase though.   My mis-hits are horrible - 180-190 but they give the appearance of flying much much farther.   I am used to hitting a very high drive - and hitting it off of a very tall tee.     I am realizing that having to hit it that way has created a bunch of swing problems - mainly a flip.

With the "shorty" I use a regular tee and the ball is regular normal driver height (ball is sitting 1/2 or 2/3 above the crown).  And I can swing it more like a shorter iron and I can get rid of the flip.   My longest drives are ones that are mid-high flight and piercing.....and bounce forward.   Love it.  Very different than the high towering balls that bounce forward maybe 5 yards.  

I feel like if I get my ball flight height right (hey that all rhymes... :) ) my driving will be a strength again.

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 20
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-14

Wheels fell off the wagon today - back to my terrible distances and lost my swing.   Long drive today was 245 - but worse - several shorter drives  between 180-190...so annoyed.   Soooooo Annoyed!     Lost 6 balls today and 2 of them simply out of frustration.

...hopefully tomorrow will be better.  

Did I say that I was annoyed?  Sooooo annoyed!

Robb

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-14

Calm down calm down...take a deep breath and come back to it.  Go to the range and work it out and get after it.

Forget about that round.

As during a round, it is the next shot that you focus on.

Playing as much as I do, I will be playing decent for 4-5 rounds, flirting with or breaking 80 by 3-4 strokes, and then...BOOM...+5 over the first 3 holes and downhill from there.  Play through it the best I can in hopes of building some momentum for the next round.

golftool

Jul-18

I finally joined this Carlsbad-centered Kool-Aid Cult. Been trying to buy one of these on the cheap. Pulled the trigger on a Sub Zero in 10.5 with a shaft I'm going to pull and sell. I also ordered a Mitusbishi Kuro Kage Black, the same shaft I have in my current driver. I traded some unused clubs to lower my cost, and I'll have exactly what I want in a week or so.

Been wanting to own one of these for some time. Now I will. I want to see if there's any real increased distance in the Epic Flash. I went with the 10.5 over the 9 because If I needed to increase loft, I'd be closing the face 2 degrees. I can't stand the look at address. I found a small club maker's shop very near my house, someone who's been building for over 40 years. He did a nice quick inexpensive shaft replacement on my 6 iron, which snapped at the hosel while I was on the range last week. So, I'll let the handle this one, too.

I'll let you know what I think after a few rounds with it. If I like it, you'll see my M4D in the SS, where it will probably gather dust for 6 mos. because we all know: "The GEA Swap Shop - where free isn't cheap enough."joy

• Edited July 18, 2020 4:28 pm  by  golftool