Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The only swing tip you will ever need   Swing Instructions, Tips, etc.

Started Jun-24 by ToraMori; 228 views.
ToraMori

Jun-24

Assuming you are right handed, bend your right arm on the back swing and then straighten your right arm on the down swing to impact. Don't think about anything else.

If you are left handed, replace right with left in the above.

With this tip, this folder might as well be locked to future threads.

hardpan1

Jun-24

Yea! Just like old times :) 

flatstik (gregf82)

Jun-24

What took you so long to post this?  I’ve been needing a swing key and this might do it. 

ToraMori

Jun-24

This tip will make all the difference for you.

Ignore any other swing advice that may appear in this folder. It will only confuse you. My tip is the physics equivalent of E = mc2. Simple but very powerful.

BOGEYSBGONE

Jun-24

ToraMori said...

Assuming you are right handed, bend your right arm on the back swing and then straighten your right arm on the down swing to impact. Don't think about anything else.

If you are left handed, replace right with left in the above.

With this tip, this folder might as well be locked to future threads.

To GEA and Matt:

This tip is incredible.  Matt gave it a few years ago - but I had stopped playing golf temporarily - but it's so simple and so good.  It's GOLD.  At least it was for me.

My slight adds for those like me with ADHD and OCD:

1) this cue is terrific as long as you continue to do everything else in terms of backswing, rotation (Sooo important) and follow through.

2) think of this cue to take the place of any "hands/arms/wrist/release/extension" type of moves you would otherwise make.

3) for me, for some reason I was only using the arm - and without rotation (as an example) the swing wasn't very powerful if I didn't actually make a full backswing; and sometimes on the down swing I'd stop rotating and "run out of arm length" and the ball also goes nowhere.  But keep rotating back and rotate through and the "arm" is all you have to think of for the most part.

I got back into golf about 2 weeks ago and in practice and in play I use this tip primarily.   Right now though it's turn left shoulder under the chin and rotate until right shoulder is under the chin.   Otherwise I'm only thinking about "bend the right arm/straighten the right arm".  So simple.

Wonderful Matt - thanks!

Robb

Stoneded

Jun-25

And make sure you have plenty of toilet paper.  Seriously, I had just recently managed to get that worm out of my ear and now you go and post it again.  Curse you!

• Edited June 25, 2020 6:51 am  by  Stoneded
RTee2

Jun-29

The soundness of your tip is unassailable, but it is in the realm of quantum mechanics, when the denizens here are trapped in a birdie-less Newtonian world.

In reply toRe: msg 7
hardpan1

Jun-29

"The soundness of your tip is unassailable, but it is in the realm of quantum mechanics, when the denizens here are trapped in a birdie-less Newtonian world."

Don't know that I agree but Beautifully said :) 

• Edited June 29, 2020 9:05 pm  by  hardpan1