Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Here's How the Futility Folder Works   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jun-26 by Charlie6D; 503 views.
Charlie6D

Jun-26

Here is how the Futility Folder works for about 85% of the content.  PIB and Crothers scour the Fake News sites and find all the idiotic articles that demonstrate just how completely the left is eaten up with TDS.  Then they post a sentence or attention grabbing headline from said article with their outrageous claim or allegation.

This generally results in several of the conservative posters on this site pointing out how ridiculous their allegation or claim is.  Then each side trades barbs for a few posts until the leftists finally realize they are fighting a losing battle trying to defend the indefensible.  Then the thread ends from lack of further interest. 

Next day, rinse and repeat the same old shit with slightly different yet very similar idiotic TDS stuff from the Fake News.  This is what passes for "discussion" on most of the topics in the Futility Folder.  

Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MikeJA

Jun-26

It's almost as if one of our TDS posters earns a commission on every Trump hating piece he can post here from one of the mainstream media turds.

And sadly from my perspective,it makes this site no better than the other one.  They brought it down to their level very quickly.   I am in a couple FB groups where political posts and comments are just not allowed.  Zero tolerance.  Put up a political post or comment and you are gone.  No second chances.  Refreshing.

Crothers1

Jun-26

That certainly is a charitable view of how you participate in the discussions here.

Fake News sites?

NineMileSkid

Jun-26

Luvpings (luvpings1) said...

And sadly from my perspective,it makes this site no better than the other one.  They brought it down to their level very quickly.  

Yes they did. And notice that it only took a few posters.

NineMileSkid

Jun-26

Crothers1 said...

That certainly is a charitable view of how you participate in the discussions here.

Fake News sites?

You know, sources that pushed the Russia collusion hoax, the fine-people hoax, the Jusse Smollet hoax, the Covington kids hoax....

Crothers1

Jun-26

Charlie.......Regarding your "85 percent of the content" claim.

Just counted and confirmed:  Of the 28 titles or threads that show in the Futility Folder without reloading to get more, BCj1m and I started 7 of them.

Have a nice night.

bcj1m

Jun-26

Says the guy widely regarded as the scourge of no less than 3 different 4GEA incarnations.

bcj1m

Jun-26

Charlie6D said:

Here is how the Futility Folder works for about 85% of the content.  PIB and Crothers scour the Fake News sites and find all the idiotic articles that demonstrate just how completely the left is eaten up with TDS.  Then they post a sentence or attention grabbing headline from said article with their outrageous claim or allegation. This generally results in several of the conservative posters on this site pointing out how ridiculous their allegation or claim is.  Then each side trades barbs for a few posts until the leftists finally realize they are fighting a losing battle trying to defend the indefensible.  Then the thread ends from lack of further interest.  Next day, rinse and repeat the same old shit with slightly different yet very similar idiotic TDS stuff from the Fake News.  This is what passes for "discussion" on most of the topics in the Futility Folder.   Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are referring to me, I'll note once again, I suffer mostly without complaint, all the childish name calling and lame insults. I rarely engage in reciprocal behavior.

The relatively few threads I post in, I do so in order to get your perspective on facts. I don't typically post opinions. I may (to save typing) post tweets or articles but the underlying substance is a factual thing (a Trump claim, a Trump action, a Barr action, COVID stats, whatever, something not in dispute).

You and others often respond in every way except addressing the substance of the thread.  Its "fake news" or whataboutism or shift the blame, or other irrelevancy. 

I have a local friend, guy in his 90s. War hero.  Super nice guy. Sharp as can be except he's all in on Trump. When I expose the lunacy...same thing..whataboutism, her emails, Obama's birth certificate..whatever. He can't deal with the conflicting info that threatens his Trump-view.  Its just like arguing with you or mikeja.

In reply toRe: msg 9

"The relatively few threads I post in"

Now that is one of the funniest things I have read on a golf forum.

And seriously, if you truly "suffer", why even log into this forum?