Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Russia   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jun-27 by RipperX; 1203 views.
RipperX

Jun-27

I don't like to stir the pot but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.

What do you guys think of this and how can you possibly defend Trump's inaction?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/russian-spy-unit-paid-taliban-to-attack-us-troops-us-intelligence-says

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

What should we do?  Please be specific.

RipperX

Jun-27

I would think some measure of outrage is appropriate considering that the only "action" he has taken is to request Russia be allowed back into the G8. This in spite of evidence confirmed by multiple sources that Russia was paying for American scalps, and Trump was briefed on this in March.

MikeJA

Jun-27

Who knows if the story is even accurate?  It was reported by the New York Times.

In reply toRe: msg 4
RipperX

Jun-27

And Fox news, and confirmed by the WSJ. Denial is not the best response here Mike.

MikeJA

Jun-27

I'm not denying, but I got the impression the initial reporting was done by the New York Times.  They are regularly full of sh*t.

The story may be somewhat accurate.  The Ruskies were humiliated in Afghanistan and certainly don't want Trump to succeed there.

In reply toRe: msg 6
RipperX

Jun-27

Story has been confirmed by multiple sources and we should all be outraged, right and left alike. Turning a blind eye to Russian bounties on American scalps? Doesn’t matter which side of the political fence you’re on, this is repugnant.

MikeJA

Jun-27

The story said that no Americans positions have been attacked by the Taliban since February when the deal was completed. 

And there is this:

While officials were said to be confident about the intelligence that Russian operatives offered and paid bounties to Afghan militants for killing Americans, they have greater uncertainty about how high in the Russian government the covert operation was authorized and what its aim may be.

In reply toRe: msg 8
RipperX

Jun-27

Was done by the GRU and you can be sure Putin knew. Doesn’t matter. The main point is that TRUMP KNEW back in March. Regardless of whether or not the bounties resulted in any American deaths, Trump should have demanded sanctions. His inaction speaks volumes and that’s why we should be outraged.

MikeJA

Jun-27

So how do we know nothing was done privately?