Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DT News, 6/28/20   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jun-28 by wrxgolfr; 172 views.
wrxgolfr

Jun-28

So today was an interesting day of Donald Trump news so far!

This morning, Donald retweeted a video in which a man driving a golf cart with Trump campaign posters is seen chanting "white power." A couple of hours later the tweet's deleted and the White House says Trump didn't really know what he was doing when he re-tweeted the video. To the Trump apologists/supporters I ask: if he knew he was retweeting a guy yelling "white power," would that help support the "Trump's a racist" feeling so many have? As for deleting the re-tweet and the WH saying he didn't know what he was doing when he did the re-tweet, do you believe that he truly didn't know what he was doing and if so is that behavior reckless? Or, did he know full well what he was doing and the the WH is just doing whatever damage control they can?

You can't make this stuff up.

• Edited June 28, 2020 6:59 pm  by  wrxgolfr
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jun-28

Maybe Trump liked the video and didn't get up to or hear the Chant part.     

If he heard the chant, then it was a dumb idea to retweet, because the Lib news will say he said it.     

j (Dustdevil8)

Jun-28

Filling the void, eh? relaxed

Well, I guess you can concentrate on a mistaken and deleted tweet, or you could focus on the 3 Executive Orders he signed recently.

1. Federal incentives for local police to train in conflict resolution and become independently certified. Ban on chokeholds except when an officers life is in danger, and social workers going on certain 911 calls with officers.

2. Order to protect U.S. monuments from wanton destruction.

3. Order to concentrate on an applicants skills instead of degrees when doing Federal hiring.

Or you could just consider a deleted tweet. Your choice, I guess.

RipperX

Jun-28

I think the chant was in the first 10 seconds but maybe he thought they were saying "white powder"smile

wrxgolfr

Jun-28

Art.. (ArtMBGolf) said:

Maybe Trump liked the video and didn't get up to or hear the Chant part. If he heard the chant, then it was a dumb idea to retweet, because the Lib news will say he said it.

So to make sure I got your right, if he knew what he was re-tweeting and did it it was dumb but if he just randomly re-tweets a political message without knowing the message to the world it's OK?

ToraMori

Jun-29

He thought he heard orange power.