Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wuhan COVID leaked from a lab   Non-Golf Folder (General)

Started Jun-29 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 308 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

That’s what the evidence suggests.

Short version: Bret Weinstein interviewed by Joe Rogan.  26 minutes

https://youtu.be/zQLF4DUSXGs

Long version: Bret Weinstein interviews Russian scientist who did the detective work.  > 2 hours

https://youtu.be/q5SRrsr-Iug

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jun-29

Told ya so.

China is the plague.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Jun-30

I was just watching a much shorter video of those two together.

Dave P

flatstik (gregf82)

Jun-30

I've been listening to the entire 3 hour podcast.  Incredible.

RTee2

Jul-1

Which one? Rogan or the one with the Russian guy?

In reply toRe: msg 5
flatstik (gregf82)

Jul-1

Rogan.  It’s three hours but worth it.  Guy is crazy smart but also has some blind spots.  Lemme know if you listen.  

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-1

The best part about Rogan's show is his guests.  He sure is not it.  He does nothing but agree with whomever is on the air with him.  Just once I'd love to see him take a stand or buck up a bit and defend his position.  He also strikes me as one of these 'self proclaimed self enlightened' douchebags because he likes weed and DMT.

RTee2

Jul-1

OK, thanks. I am regular listener of JRE, and saw that one when it came out.

It was amusing to see Joe get triggered into cognitive dissonance when Bret brought up the possible causes of death of George Floyd. Doesn't happen often. I also appreciated how patient Bret was in trying to get Joe to consider another viewpoint.

I thought Bret's Darkhorse Duo concept is a unique one (since rebranded into #unity2020), and it's regrettable that his breakthrough insight into mouse telomeres has been all but ignored. This topic was the topic of an entire episode on this brother's podcast, The Portal.

RTee2

Jul-1

He has amazing guests. I love that it is a balance of his juvenile and hilarious stand-up buddies, and people like Bret and Eric Weinstein, Jordan Peterson, and so many others from so many domains.

I disagree that he is a yes man. He has his own style but he does push back at times and can be occasionally tenacious when guests try to avoid a question. He is also smart enough to know when he is out of his depth, and example being when he received a lot of criticism over his initial Jack Dorsey interview, so then invited him back, but also had Tim Pool on, who's much more familiar with the censorship issues.

In reply toRe: msg 9
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Agree about Rogan.  He’s totally unpretentious and doesn’t try to bullshit and bluff his way through subjects he doesn’t know.

As for the Brothers Weinstein, it’s hard to fathom that Bret is the dumb one.