Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you mostly wear spikeless golf shoes or shoes with spikes (and why)?   Golf Equipment

Started Jun-29 by wrxgolfr; 167 views.
wrxgolfr

Poll Question From wrxgolfr

Jun-29

Do you mostly wear spikeless golf shoes or shoes with spikes (and why)?
  • Spikeless9  votes
    52%
  • With spikes8  votes
    47%
Spikeless 
With spikes 
hardpan1

Jun-29

Spikeless...easy

ken1putt (kenoneputt)

Jun-29

Started wearing old school Etonic leather tennis shoes after my brother shot 63 wearing tennis shoes.

Switched to Dexter spikeless back in the 1970s before it was a thing. They had a sole that looked liked a ping pong paddle surface.

When steel spikes got banned I was thrilled because I assumed everyone would figure out that replaceable soft spikes were stupid because good spikeless soles last as long as the shoe. Imagine my diasppointment.

Now that there are actual spikeless shoes I've used them but starting last fall I have played in a pair of Hoka one one running shoes because they are the only thing I have found that doesn't aggravate the neuroma in my left foot.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jun-29

I have both.  I like both.  My next pair will probably be spikeless though.

Spikeless.  I prefer softspikes, but almost all the shoes in my price range are spikeless.

Luvpings (luvpings1)

Jun-29

Spikeless for me...unless of course I can score a great deal on some spikes (unlikely with a size 13W).

In reply toRe: msg 1
V-Blade (VSDtrek1)

Jun-30

Spikes for sure.  Just feels more secure, especially on the tee and on hills.  Really like the FJ DNA design.  

Stu1961

Jun-30

Spikes for me.  A lot of early morning golf with damp/dewy conditions in the hilly North East.  I need the extra traction to help prevent the dreaded spin-out.