Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pib Is Devastated   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jun-29 by MikeJA; 385 views.
MikeJA

Jun-29

On the other forum, Pib is begging the owner of the board to replace Hal as the moderator so that the political folder can be restored.

In reply toRe: msg 1

Of course he is, his handlers at the Russian troll farm won't be happy with him if isn't stirring up trouble between Americans.

In reply toRe: msg 1
NineMileSkid

Jun-29

I wonder if Jaime is interested?

BOGEYSBGONE

Jun-29

I think he's eligible to return here?  Looks like he's back onboard.

Robb

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

So, I didn’t ban pib, I gagged him (more options to deal with trolls and disagreeable people on Delphi).  That means he can see posts, he just can’t  respond. <diabolical laughter>

And for the record, he wasn’t banned because I disagree with his views, he was banned because he is a humorless, bile-filled person, whose presence significantly altered the tone of this forum.  I held off taking action because I thought it might just be my antipathy towards him, but it’s obvious others thought the same.

Other than Grima, I think the discussions in the FF have been fairly civil.  I’d like to keep it that way.

And Robb, I will echo ken’s and Greg’s comments about your efforts to promote real golf talk here.  There will be a more significant expression of my appreciation in your Christmas bonus this year. Hope you like Molitors.

80)

BOGEYSBGONE

Jun-29

Hammer Dog (jaime59) said...

So, I didn’t ban pib, I gagged him (more options to deal with trolls and disagreeable people on Delphi).  That means he can see posts, he just can’t  respond. <diabolical laughter>

And for the record, he wasn’t banned because I disagree with his views, he was banned because he is a humorless, bile-filled person, whose presence significantly altered the tone of this forum.  I held off taking action because I thought it might just be my antipathy towards him, but it’s obvious others thought the same.

Other than Grima, I think the discussions in the FF have been fairly civil.  I’d like to keep it that way.

And Robb, I will echo ken’s and Greg’s comments about your efforts to promote real golf talk here.  There will be a more significant expression of my appreciation in your Christmas bonus this year. Hope you like Molitors.

80)

Maybe you can allow him Twitter-like responses - limited to 140 characters?   :)  I honestly doubt any of us are bad people - but politics gets passionate- we love our country.  

I agree with your actions.  Despite your misgivings and warnings - you still gave him a chance.  Despite Greg and my warnings about "don't do the same things over here that you do over there" - he persisted.   If anything - I apologize to you for asking you to accede.  I don't think the advice was wrong - but it certainly caused the disruptions you warned about.   Maybe in time he gets another chance - some folks can change.     But once bitten twice shy - and I don't want to lose good members for the sake of benefitting someone who isn't a team player.      And to the point - you can be a team player (advance the debate on GEA3 even if you don't agree with the subject matter) without agreeing all the time.

Happy to help with golf talk....b/c I NEED the help!  :).  We have a lot of good golfers and friends - and it's fun to learn the tricks of the trade from good and avid golfers.

If we can get outside by September - let's think about an old fashioned GEA golf outing!

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 7
j (Dustdevil8)

Jun-29

I'll say this....

I didn't think it was possible to be enraged EVERY SINGLE DAY for 3.5 years without having a coronary or brain aneurysm. He's tough, I've got to give him that.

I know he doesn't like Trump but geez, take a day off every once in a while. It's exhausting. It was worse than that Tiger Woods thread a few years ago. 

I have to repeat what I said before, there's no way he came over here to have civil debate. His sole goal was to get booted so he could back to crothers, chris and polymer to gloat about how right he was regards your motives.

He got what he wanted. Did go over to gloat, and it backfired on him when Hal killed the FF.

Tough nuts buddy.

K

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Hal (or Anser) banned me from the Hal forum, so I don’t know what’s going on over there.  Pib is a virus that infects everything it touches; he had his chance here and shit all over everything.  Fuck him.  
Hal is banned here as long as I am at his forum.  Although unlike his forum, visitors can view posts here.