Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chicago: The over/under killed this coming July 4th weekend   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jun-29 by racerX (99camaroSS); 471 views.
racerX (99camaroSS)

Jun-29

Morbid?  Maybe, but you know it's coming and there is no one in Chicago that's willing to stop it so the o/u is 30. 

Me: Over. 32 will be sent to meet their maker by next Monday July 5th.

They hit 100/18 on Fathers Day weekend. With three days and motivation, I’m betting 150/35.

racerX (99camaroSS)

Jun-30

The best campaign commercial money can buy. The MSM and the Dimms think that showing all this lawless on a nightly basis will hurt Trump's chances come November but it will only do the opposite like it did in 1968  sending dem hopeful Humphrey down in flames and giving Nixon the white house.

flatstik (gregf82)

Jun-30

Under.  

Not that you aren’t correct – you probably are. However, I see the heat this mayor is under, and the hatred for Trump that city leaders have, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this weekend shootings were under-reported to avoid the embarrassment. But, having said that, the holiday weekend starts Thursday this year and it will provide ample opportunity to get to that mark. I guess for gangbangers, holidays mean more work.

In reply toRe: msg 4
flatstik (gregf82)

Jun-30

Well, four shot in a River North gas station last night - this won’t go into the count, it’s just pregame.

racerX (99camaroSS)

Jun-30

It started as a joke at last Friday's poker game but before we called it a night the guys and I anteed up $20 a piece as a fun side bet to see what will happen this weekend in Chitown after watching a news report.  Six guys went under and two went over and the number was decided at 30. Closet to that number and on the correct O/U side wins the $180 kitty.

As I said, it my sound morbid and insensitive but might as well have fun with the inevitable.

geddlemon

Jun-30

The question to ask is, what will the temperature be?

Let me tell you why I ask. Years ago, I sold maxillofacial fixation devices. I other words, plates and screws to repair facial fractures. As the temperature went up, so did the "interpersonal altercations," but only to a point. It seemed that once the temp rose above 98°, they slowed dramatically. We never really knew why, but maybe it was too hot to go outside? Maybe they would rather just chill out instead? I never really knew, but I did observe it repeatedly for the entire time that I was in that business. 

flatstik (gregf82)

Jun-30

Temps forecast through Sunday are 89*-92*, mostly sunny - if there were storms, it might push things down but the thunder also tends to cover up the gunshots.  

geddlemon

Jun-30

Gotcha, sounds like the over might be the bet....