Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Netflix streaming   Movies, TV, Art, Cuture, etc

Started Jul-1 by presser15; 688 views.
presser15

Jul-1

Spending a lot of time watching Netflix also have Amazon What's good streaming Movies or Series? I know there are some gems that we haven't seen.

RipperX

Jul-1

I have previously recommended Dark, a very complex mid-bending German sci-fi thriller. Season 3 just released - on Netflix. One of the best shows we've seen in years, altho my wife is still confused! Check out the reviews on IMDB but don't read any spoilers. On Amazon I would recommend the Jack Ryan series as well as The Bodyguard if it's still available.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-1

I am struggling with Dark.  The music is a sound that makes me want to punch babies.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

What types of shows/genres do you like?

In reply toRe: msg 2
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-1

Avenue 5.  Stupid, funny, good entertainment.

Home Game on Netflix is GREAT!  The opening documentary is about  some game in Italy that is uber violent and makes Rugby look like a game played by effeminate sissies.  Seriously, then it goes into the Highland games, free diving, Roller Derby, and more.  Very cool look into other sports cultures.  It made me really want to travel to Florence, Italy and go to one of the games...CRAZY!  This series also highlights some just great sportsmanship.  Good series.

The Flash.  Don't laugh, it's a CW series, but I liked the first 3 seasons very much. Seasons 4 and 5 are OK, but I liked it and enjoyed it.

Space Force.  GREAT Series, can't wait for the next season.  It is funny, edgy, and pokes fun in a bipartisan manner.  I loved it.  Steven Carrell plays a character that reminds me TREMENDOUSLY of a friend of mine...great show.

Narcos Season 1 and 2 and Narcos Mexico.  Very good.  I loved this because this was basically the time my FIL was chasing and catching cocaine smugglers in the 80s and 90s.  

Queen of the South.  Another TV show, that is just good.

I already mentioned Parks and Rec...very funny.

Community is another funny sitcom that I enjoyed.

RipperX

Jul-1

Huh. I think the music is pretty cool but I struggle keeping everything straight! How many episodes have you watched?

Edie - my wife is not a fan of the music either, and she has much better taste than I do.

• Edited July 1, 2020 7:27 pm  by  RipperX
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-1

3 episodes, and struggling.

RipperX

Jul-1

If you're not engrossed now you should probably stop. Only gets more convoluted, like a televised Mobius strip. Wikipedia helps and I also have my smart son to explain stuff to me - altho he usually says just go to Wikipedia! If you continue, it might help to keep a list of characters and their relationships. And of course subtitles much better than dubbing.

Sorry tho - you might like my Amazon recommendations better.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-1

It's not the story...the music just makes me want to turn it off.

RipperX

Jul-1

So turn the volume down. Subtitles anyway