Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

If this is true - c'mon...???   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jul-2 by BOGEYSBGONE; 387 views.
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-2

I live in Maryland.  We've been under lockdown mostly for about 4 months.    If the following is true - it annoys me:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-coronavirus-cases-rise-nearly-013221004.html

Brazil is the only other country to report more than 50,000 new cases in one day. The United States reported at least 49,286 cases on Tuesday.

More than half of new U.S. cases each day come from Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, home to 30% of the country's population. All four states plus 10 others saw new cases more than double in June.

The daily increase in new cases could reach 100,000 unless a nationwide push was made to tamp down the fast-spreading virus, Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a U.S. Senate committee on Tuesday.

"We can't just focus on those areas that are having the surge. It puts the entire country at risk," Fauci said.

The rise in cases is not just the result of more testing. Hospitalizations are also skyrocketing.

Nationally, 7% of coronavirus diagnostic tests came back positive last week, up from 5% the prior week, according to a Reuters analysis. Arizona's positivity test rate was 24% last week, Florida's was 16%. Nevada, South Carolina and Texas were all 15%, according to the analysis.

UK is banning US citizens from all flights; Japan too.   So even if I can get out of the house - I can't go anywhere.   :(

Robb

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

We don't know what the truth is because our public health experts have lied to us throughout the whole pandemic.  See this thread

http://forums.delphiforums.com/originalgea/messages/?msg=267.1

Charlie6D

Jul-2

Robb,

What part of that specifically annoys you?  Are you annoyed that some of the large sunbelt states are now experiencing the rapid increase in infections that New York and New Jersey experienced 2 or 3 months ago?  If so, I don't see the reason why you would be annoyed at that.  To me it seems perfectly logical that it would happen that way. 

NY and NJ with their densely packed populations that have very little room for "social distancing".  Therefore, the spread of the virus would be very rapid.  And since that's where CV got a good start in the US, it's only logical that that's where it would spread first and the fastest.

The sunbelt states are not nearly so densely populated and the virus took longer to get to the various parts of those states.  Now that the virus is fairly widespread in those states, they are seeing rapid increases in infections while NY and NJ have slowed down since many of the people have already been exposed to the virus in those states and are no longer carriers of the virus.  I expect that in the next 4 to 6 weeks, the sunbelt states will see their infection rates drop in a similar fashion.

Or are you annoyed at something else?

Charlie---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Edited July 2, 2020 9:54 pm  by  Charlie6D
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-2

RCharlie6D said...

Robb,

What part of that specifically annoys you?  Are you annoyed that some of the large sunbelt states are now experiencing the rapid increase in infections that New York and New Jersey experienced 2 or 3 months ago?  If so, I don't see the reason why you would be annoyed at that.  To me it seems perfectly logical that it would happen that way. 

NY and NJ with their densely packed populations that have very little room for "social distancing".  Therefore, the spread of the virus would be very rapid.  And since that's where CV got a good start in the US, it's only logical that that's where it would spread first and the fastest.

The sunbelt states are not nearly so densely populated and the virus took longer to get to the various parts of those states.  Now that the virus is fairly widespread in those states, they are seeing rapid increases in infections while NY and NJ have slowed down since many of the people have already been exposed to the virus in those states and are no longer carriers of the virus.  I expect that in the next 4 to 6 weeks, the sunbelt states will see their infection rates drop in a similar fashion.

Or are you annoyed at something else?

Charlie---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you're right Charlie.  I'll wait a bit before ranting again.

I was under the impression that the rates had dropped due to proper procedures, but are now ignoring them and causing things to rise.  

OK - I'll try to be patient.  Good point.  Thank you.

Robb

ToraMori

Jul-3

Also, the sunbelt states are doing a better job of protecting the old and otherwise vulnerable than was the case for the initial breakouts in the Northeast.

It's a good thing for the virus to spread among the young and healthy, as long as it's done in a responsible way to minimize infections of the old and vulnerable. It's what should have happened from the very beginning. Without a foolproof vaccine, there is no way to stop the spread. A lock down just delays the spread somewhat. In some ways, CV is less dangerous than some flu strains, since it has little impact on the young and healthy. But it is more dangerous to the old and vulnerable than most flu strains. Isolate that group, anybody with symptoms of repository illness, quarantine hot spots domestically, and impose travel bans from hot spots.

We reacted to CV in a way that has never been done before and it was completely wrong and arbitrary.

• Edited July 3, 2020 2:56 pm  by  ToraMori
Boomslang (DaveP8)

Jul-4

The Wuhan Chinese Death virus has been handled wrong from the get go.  This is what you get when do things wrong.   Here's the comparison of how to handle it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z1p2_wNexs

Dave P

BlkNGld1

Jul-7

Honestly I think it's a combination of things.

As Charlie mentioned, it took a while to get to some states.

Some may have reopened too quickly, possibly at the same time it was just making an appearance.

Are you upset because your state isn't one of the big offenders yet you still can't travel?

Look at it this way, you can probably visit Florida, Texas, Arizona, or California.