Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Gettysburg   Movies, TV, Art, Cuture, etc

Started Jul-3 by Bob (MULLYMAN); 251 views.
Bob (MULLYMAN)

Jul-3

Just watched this for the XXth time. One of my all time favorite war movies.

Tom0956i

Jul-6

Which one...or is there only one?

Never paid much attention to Gettysburg until I had to read Killer Angels in college. SInce then I've read about 7 or 8 Gettysburg books...hoping for a different ending. :-)

• Edited July 6, 2020 5:35 pm  by  Tom0956i
Bob (MULLYMAN)

Jul-7

The one based on Killer Angels.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-7

I wanted so bad to root against Jeff Daniels when he defends Little Round Top, but I couldn't.  I felt terrible for the Confederate officers when they realized they had lost to an inferior force.  The Civil War was truly a tragedy.  

Tom0956i

Jul-8

Was Daniels in the Killer Angels movie? I’ll be on the lookout for it. I’ve never watched it?

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-8

If that is "Gettysburg"...then yes.

He has some very memorable scenes in the movie beyond the one when he yells "FIX BAYONETS"

Tom0956i

Jul-8

Yes Little Round Top is Gettysburg..saved for the Union by a Regiment from Maine.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-8

The way he handled the troops that were sent to him that were ready to desert was a great lesson in proper leadership.  I use that scene when I teach Foremen classes.  It is fantastic to show this to a group of hardened construction workers and then ask them about it...and then show them the battle of LRT after.  It has a huge impact on how they deal with others.

Tom0956i

Jul-9

That sounds pretty cool. Why don't you videotape one of the classes and put it on Youtube? Seriously.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-9

I would love to.  We need to get back to where we can do stuff in person.  I am going to live stream a class over 'GoToTraining' next month so we will see how that goes.  I'll be covering communication and effective field management techniques.