Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wear a mask   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jul-5 by ToraMori; 993 views.
ToraMori

Jul-5

And succumb to the bullshit propaganda that masks work.

If masks worked, the CDC would have promoted them for flu seasons years ago, some of which have been very bad strains that killed 70,000 plus. Fauci and all the other experts said as much early on. They advised AGAINST wearing masks. And they were right.

Current COVID deaths are reported at about 130,000, but these are overestimated by a factor of 2 or more. Many of these deaths are older and compromised people that would have died anyway from the flu or something else. Their deaths would have been normally reported as "died after a short illness." Masks had zero impact.

We are being bullshitted left and right by both health care "professionals" and the media.

See the link below that provides many references that masks just do not work for a virus like COVID or the flu.

Masks provide FALSE CONFIDENCE for protection, either through transmission or getting the infection. 

But a lot of people have made money selling masks, most of which manufactured in WuFlu China. You can't watch TV for 5 minutes without a mask commercial. That pretty much tells you what you need to know.

Man this is some seriously bad bullshit people have swallowed hook, line, and sinker.

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-6

In the beginning, Fauci + the Surgeon General were saying masks don't help, but they were thinking they are not a guarantee and I think they 
were worried about a shortage of masks, if the public was able to buy the N95 masks that hospitals need.    

Some say China slowed the spread because they are used to wearing masks and wore them right away. 

Common sense says that a mask will help some %%.   It's got to block some germs in either direction. 

It has also been said that hanging out with someone who is infected with CV is a lot worse than passing by them in a store, which is why 
beaches, bars, parties, etc, appear to be spreading it more.           

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Wearing masks and practicing social distancing reduce the risk of spreading the disease.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

Masks would help reduce the spread of seasonal flu if we used them and if it were spread by asymptomatic people. 

ToraMori

Jul-6

Social distancing and other means of locking down delay to some extent the spread of any contagious disease. While tanking the economy.

Masks, especially the type the vast majority of the public is wearing, do next to nothing. They are a useless symbol, but now a required one.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Jul-6

From your link.

Funding

World Health Organization.
Dave P
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Not useless at all.  Maybe not highly effective, but somewhat effective.  They also help keep you from touching your face.

ToraMori

Jul-6

Spread by surface contamination was another major exaggeration.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

That is true.  It can be spread via fomites, but that is not thought to be a major source of transmission.

So, do you not want to do anything and just pretend things are normal?

ToraMori

Jul-6

Protect the old and vulnerable, which (like myself) they can largely do themselves, unless somebody like Cuomo orders infected people into nursing homes. Very little restrictions on the young and healthy. If the young and healthy are working at say a grocery store, have them masked to the same degree as a health care worker, unless they have been tested positive for antibodies. That will actually reduce my risk when I go to the grocery. Instead we set up senior hours where the stores were crowded with old people in contact with younger workers without proper PPE. This is like sending the nursing home to the infected. Provide centers where the old and vulnerable can be fitted with PPE that can actually reduce their risk. Just about everything we've done has been arbitrary with a loose basis in fact or science.

I still keep myself as isolated as much as possible because their is insufficient herd immunity, no vaccine, and no drug that has near complete effectiveness. The mask I wear when I go to the grocery will keep pollen out but does next to nothing for CV.