Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arm lock putter/DeChambeau grip   Golf Equipment

Started Jul-6 by geddlemon; 133 views.
geddlemon

Jul-6

After a brief run in with poor putting lately, I played around with a number of different putters and putting styles. I settled on the arm lock style and have putted fairly well over 3-4 rounds with it. I had some initial issues with distance control on long putts at first, but with practice, it is no longer an issue. 

One other issue that I've had, is getting the long grip to sit comfortably against my arm. The putter that I am using has a Super Stroke Flatso 17 on it. Sometimes it feels comfortable and others times it doesn't. I have also had a couple of issues when my arm was sweaty and the grip felt as though it might slide around on my arm.

So yesterday, while watching the Rocket Mortgage tournament, I noticed that DeChambeau has his grip turned 90 ° to the left, so that the flat side is resting against his arm. So, using my air compressor, I rotated mine in the same fashion. Holy cow! It feels great now. Super secure and on my putting mat at home, I just can't miss. Can't wait to take it to the course.

I just wanted to point it out in case any of you had noticed it or in case you wanted to try it.

• Edited July 6, 2020 12:58 pm  by  geddlemon
Stu1961

Jul-6

Did you increase the loft on your putter?  If so, how much?

geddlemon

Jul-6

Yes, I did. I had to come up with my own way to bend and measure it. By my measurements, I bent it to around 8°. I tried it around 6° at first, and that was not enough. 

I had an old Ping Craze-L. You definitely need the extra head weight that a long or belly putter brings to the table. 

Stu1961

Jul-6

Cool.  Looks like I have project for this weekend. 

geddlemon

Jul-6

Bending was the hard part. I'll be happy to share my experiences with you if needed.