Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

is Dechambeau the future of golf?   Golf talk

Started Jul-8 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 2226 views.
Stoneded

Jul-13

The kid is very impressive. That first playoff hole was a classic.  Took some large cajones to drop that putt on top of Thomas'.

RTee2

Jul-13

He doesn't have the power to be a true stud. This will put pressure on his iron game. And his putting, while good, is not great. It's hard to tell if he has the killer instinct required to be a superstar.

Stoneded

Jul-14

If Bryson is the future, I will hold onto the past like grim death.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-14

LOL.

I enjoy watching him, but I would not want to watch 36 golfers playing the same way.

Maybe Bryson will figure out how to clone himself. Or make android versions of himself.

In reply toRe: msg 19
Stu1961

Jul-14

It seems like 90% of swings look so alike, especially among the under 30 players, that I enjoy seeing the non-cookie cutter swings like his or Matthew Wolff's have success.

• Edited July 14, 2020 3:58 pm  by  Stu1961
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-16

I know he subscribes to Kirk Junge's Youtube channel and have heard him say he "sets up for impact" at address which is what Kirk talks about.  I am not Bryson Dechambeau, but I can attest to the simplicity of his swing, quality of contact and how I have given up no distance.  The only thing more simple is your classic swing advice.

I think BD's swing is one that does not benefit from 'timing' or what not, it has very few moving parts and benefits from the application of strength.  You combine this with someone that has PGA level talent and you get what you see in that drive.

Burat (DocFreddie)

Jul-16

He's not the only big, strong guy on tour (DJ, Koepka, Champ).

Do the others "throttle back" , or what?